Beat the Chasers

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paul

Beat the Chasers

Post by Paul »

Has anyone else watched this program,we have for the last 2 nights and it is good.

11 pm on ITV!

Last one to night!!

Paul
Paul

Re: Beat the Chasers

Post by Paul »

Just watched the last 15 minuets of the last show on catch up tv.

The last contestant won with 1 second to spare over the chasers, and she won £100.000.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Can someone, in idiot laungage explain to me what the rules of the game are, thanks
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is a bit of a puzzle to me as well , but I have never watched a full program
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

WHL wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:26 pm Can someone, in idiot laungage explain to me what the rules of the game are, thanks
You will have to watch it to find out the rules. It would be like explaining a game of cricket to and American schoolboy. :mrgreen:
All things are possible
emgee

Post by emgee »

Paul&Lesley

What a coincidence, someone wins big on the last programme. Not seen the ratings in the media press yet.

I think the programme would have been more interesting if instead of the Chasers "selling themselves" in whatever group, they showed the groups and the money on offer for all of them immediately.

I like the evening version but felt they all came over a bit smug, like those on that BBC 2 quiz programme, "Eggheads".

'njoy

Alan
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lincoln wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:27 pm
WHL wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:26 pm Can someone, in idiot laungage explain to me what the rules of the game are, thanks
You will have to watch it to find out the rules. It would be like explaining a game of cricket to and American schoolboy. :mrgreen:
Thanks, but if its so complicated, il pass,, ..... as for cricket any game, where it stops for the teams can have lunch and tea, doesn't float my boat either, cheers
Paul

Post by Paul »

Basic rule of the game

You are asked 5 questions.
Round 1
Q1 Correct answer £1000 wrong answer you are out of the game
Q2 Correct answer another £1000 = £2000, wrong answer you play for the £1000.
Q3 Correct answer another £1000 = £3000, wrong answer you play for the £2000.
Q4 Correct answer another £1000 = £4000, wrong answer you play for the £3000.
Q5 Correct answer another £1000 = £5000, wrong answer you play for the £4000.

Round 2

Chasers offers
1st 2 chasers offer the same as you prize money or above and the chasers ask for a time less than the 60 seconds (say 40 seconds).
2nd 3 chasers offer prize money or above the 1st offer and the chasers ask for a time above the first offer (say 45 seconds).
3rd 4 chasers offer prize money or above the 2nd offer and the chasers ask for a time above the second offer (say 50 seconds).
4th 5 chasers offer prize money or above the 3rd offer and the chasers ask for a time above the third offer (say 55 seconds.

You play the chasers and you have 60 seconds on the clock you are asked questions alternately with the chasers ( ie you have a question then the chasers get a question)

The chasers must answer there questions before there time runs out.
And you must do the same!!!
First ones to run out of time lose, if it’s the chasers who run out of time you win the money!
Paul
WHL

Post by WHL »

Paul & Lesley wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:17 pm Basic rule of the game

You are asked 5 questions.
Round 1
Q1 Correct answer £1000 wrong answer you are out of the game
Q2 Correct answer another £1000 = £2000, wrong answer you play for the £1000.
Q3 Correct answer another £1000 = £3000, wrong answer you play for the £2000.
Q4 Correct answer another £1000 = £4000, wrong answer you play for the £3000.
Q5 Correct answer another £1000 = £5000, wrong answer you play for the £4000.

Round 2

Chasers offers
1st 2 chasers offer the same as you prize money or above and the chasers ask for a time less than the 60 seconds (say 40 seconds).
2nd 3 chasers offer prize money or above the 1st offer and the chasers ask for a time above the first offer (say 45 seconds).
3rd 4 chasers offer prize money or above the 2nd offer and the chasers ask for a time above the second offer (say 50 seconds).
4th 5 chasers offer prize money or above the 3rd offer and the chasers ask for a time above the third offer (say 55 seconds.

You play the chasers and you have 60 seconds on the clock you are asked questions alternately with the chasers ( ie you have a question then the chasers get a question)

The chasers must answer there questions before there time runs out.
And you must do the same!!!
First ones to run out of time lose, if it’s the chasers who run out of time you win the money!
Paul
Thank you, I will watch it now
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

We watched every episode and enjoyed all 5. By Friday, they appeared to be picking experienced quizers and the chasers were recognising the contestants as either being ex Chase or had appeared on other shows.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We are watching a show each night on catch up. Most enjoyable.
All things are possible