The Sound of Jumbo

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

The Sound of Jumbo

Post by Dominic »

*This film needs the sound up*

People on our facebook group, Paphos Chat, were pining for Jumbo. As luck (or ill-fortune) would have it, we had actually recorded "the Sound of Jumbo" during a visit over Christmas. So we put this little film together to remind them of what they were missing. It did give us an idea though.

Tell us what you are missing about Cyprus, and especially the Paphos region. We will scan through our huge archive of pictures and compile a blog showing some of your prime pines.

The blog won't have a soundtrack though. Once is enough.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paphoschat

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: The Sound of Jumbo

Post by Dominic »

And this time there is no escape on Youtube:

Mirek

Post by Mirek »

i believe that by posting this shows that you have a sadistic streak

I have just come out of 3 months of Jumbo cold turkey in the Priory and you bring it all back to me !!

It will be running through my head now and will be unable to sleep
cactus

Post by cactus »

The last time we went to Jumbo they were playing a twenty-five minute (I kid you not) version of Agadoo in greek. Ever so slightly speeded up. On a loop. We still ask ourselves occasionally if we are quite sure we hadn't both imagined it. Imagine having to work on the checkout for ten hours at a stretch with that going on in the background!
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

We are missing mooching around Polis and keeping up to date with the resurfacing of the main road through our village of Neo Chorio.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
WHL

Post by WHL »

One of the reasons I wait in the car park while the better half goes in, I get killer instincts, listening to that ****, thanks a bundle Dominic you have just brought back some of those memories :shock:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I usually wait outside as well and give the dog a walk
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Never been in a Jumbo in my life :) :) :) (Thank Goodness if it's really like that!)
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

As I said on the facebook page, we regard ourselves to be lucky to be in Cyprus and not in the UK. At least Cyprus has enforced the regulations and these are much stricter than in the UK. I am missing my walks down at the harbour and my bike rides along the coast and into the countryside around Anarita. Usually, we are back in the UK for the end of April and the beginning of May and I have started my next long walk. Last year I walked around the Lynn Peninsular and this year I intended to do the Ceredigion Coast Path, from Harlech down to Towyn. Looks as if that may be put on hold till next year, as we will not be going back until it is completely safe.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:20 pm One of the reasons I wait in the car park while the better half goes in, I get killer instincts, listening to that ****, thanks a bundle Dominic you have just brought back some of those memories :shock:
Very tempted to stick the soundtrack in other videos now. You could be watching a nice relaxing roadtrip clip when all of a sudden "Yassou yassou..."
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:29 pm
WHL wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:20 pm One of the reasons I wait in the car park while the better half goes in, I get killer instincts, listening to that ****, thanks a bundle Dominic you have just brought back some of those memories :shock:
Very tempted to stick the soundtrack in other videos now. You could be watching a nice relaxing roadtrip clip when all of a sudden "Yassou yassou..."
You couldn't be so cruel :o :shock: :shock: