Takeaways

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
gerryg

Takeaways

Post by gerryg »

Last Thursday I travelled from tala to coral bay to pick up a takeaway meal. We met in the car park. But it subsequently occurred to me that this might breach coronavirus guidelines.

What do you think? If there is any doubt I won’t go again.
trevnhil

Re: Takeaways

Post by trevnhil »

I have often wondered about the scenario you mention. Strictly speaking I think it would be outside the rules. I assume you put number 8 as the reason for going out..
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

Pretty sure that's not classed as " essential"...
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Seems a paradox has been reached. On the one hand these take away places are allowed to trade, what it boils down to is are they supposed to deliver your meal to your house or are you allowed to go to collect it?

Or is this service only intended for people who live very close to the place from which they have ordered?

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

We have stopped getting any takeaways, for the time being, reason being we don't know what precautions the people working at the restusturants are taking, on a side note over this side of the island, Zorbas bakery, had ten people tested positive, for the virus at their main bakery factory that supplys their bakery's island wide.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

gerryg wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:20 pm Last Thursday I travelled from tala to coral bay to pick up a takeaway meal. We met in the car park. But it subsequently occurred to me that this might breach coronavirus guidelines.

What do you think? If there is any doubt I won’t go again.
I think if you were in-prisoned for this reason, I think you’d have quite a lot of company 🥴🤣
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
gerryg

Post by gerryg »

yes trev, i ticked box 8 and said where i was going and why. But i felt uncomfortable. The heading on the form said movement in exceptional circumstances and a takeaway from a delivery point didnt seem like that

I wont go again until the coronavirus measures have been lifted. I dont want to breach the guidelines which are designed to protect people like me who are in the vulnerable group. That is over 60 (70 in my case) with pre- existing conditions.

Thankyou all for your helpful comments
cactus

Post by cactus »

I don't think it matters all that much. It isn't about sticking to a somewhat ambiguous rule book - more about keeping yourself safe and applying commonsense. Of course you should have a takeaway once in a while if you like. I have just been out for a few groceries and some petfood. The lady at the counter in the pet shop, who evidently has no access to the internet, nor any idea how to amuse herself, stood blathering on for the best part of twenty minutes about how the prices vary between Paphos and Birmingham, while the rest of us law-abiding citizens gazed frantically at our watches wondering when on earth she would SHUT UP and let the rest of us get round the shops in a reasonable amount of time. Just think of inconsiderate people like that when you are abiding by the law and picking up your well-earned takeaway. And enjoy!!