Coronavirus: Four phases and three months for opening up measures

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Coronavirus: Four phases and three months for opening up measures

Post by Paphos Life »

Lifting restrictions will take place in four stages from May 4, taking between two and three months, and provided there is no resurgence of the coronavirus, it was reported on Friday.

According to the Cyprus News Agency (CNA) each phase will start two weeks after the previous one following an expert evaluation of the situation. A rise in cases would mean a return to the protective measures.

Read the article and chat about it below...
The Aquila

Re: Coronavirus: Four phases and three months for opening up measures

Post by The Aquila »

Makes you wonder how this will be policed. Where to beaches / ice cream vans and beach bar come into the mix? If the restrictions on movements are going to be lifted then people are going to visit the beaches. So, what’s the difference in sitting on a sun bed with a can of pop from a nearby ice cream van than having a drink from a nearby bar / cafe outlet?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

No, don’t think so, I read something about ministers considering allowing residents to go to the beaches to swim,( for exercise ?) They say that the virus won’t spread in sea water...
Nothing about beach bars or ice cream vans. Though the latter might just turn up too!
Presumably, life guards would also be needed.

Dee
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Austin7 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:48 pm
The Aquila wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:33 pm Makes you wonder how this will be policed. Where to beaches / ice cream vans and beach bar come into the mix? If the restrictions on movements are going to be lifted then people are going to visit the beaches. So, what’s the difference in sitting on a sun bed with a can of pop from a nearby ice cream van than having a drink from a nearby bar / cafe outlet?
Don't know where you got that from, I didn't see anything about beach bars or ice cream vans or indeed people going onto beaches. Did you just make it up :?:
No, but with the government lifting the daily restrictions to more than movement a day I didn’t assume it would mean you could go a shop and then home and back to another shop :roll:
Varky

Post by Varky »

As far as beaches and beach bars are concerned I saw no mention of them in the four steps apart from indirectly in step four which is at least 6 weeks down the road after the first step has taken place at the beginning of May and even then it will be subject to review. Don't get ahead of yourselves.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Austin7 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:35 pm
The Aquila wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:55 pm
Austin7 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:48 pm
Don't know where you got that from, I didn't see anything about beach bars or ice cream vans or indeed people going onto beaches. Did you just make it up :?:
No, but with the government lifting the daily restrictions to more than movement a day I didn’t assume it would mean you could go a shop and then home and back to another shop :roll:
So you made it up :roll: :roll:
I guess in your world all of the beaches will stay closed under the free movement when the once a day restrictions are lifted and no one will go to them ? Good luck with that one then!
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

There's really no point guessing what will and wont be allowed! We just have to wait and see. :)
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

A voice speaking with common sense, Mike! It’s really a question of wait and see.
I’m looking forward to hairdressers reopening...

Dee
kansas

Post by kansas »

We also read somewhere about the beaches being opened for swimming, and the curfew being lifted but believed it to be speculative, or just a leaked suggestion that it might happen. With regard to hairdressers, I wonder if home visits will be allowed?