Ryanair refunds

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Ryanair refunds

Post by trevnhil »

I would agree wholeheartedly with T D's comments.. And I have no axe grind as I have no tickets booked with any airline.
Trev..
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

O’Leary was on the TV yesterday or Friday and said “Ryanair typically deal with over 10,000 refunds in a normal week” but now they are faced with with millions of refund requests went on to say “everyone that has requested a refund will get it, it just won’t be next week or the week after and could take 3, 4, or 5 months”.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

We had a flight delayed by over 5 hours with Ryanair last year . But because it was due to birds we got no compensation . It sounded fair to me .

I think compensation is only paid for certain cases .
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Compare the difference. We were due to fly out on holiday 8 June with Jet2. Couple of weeks ago they informed us that the holiday had been cancelled and they would be in touch. They've just phoned my wife today to see what we want to do. She asked for a full refund as next time we fly to Cyprus it will be to move over :) The reply she got was "certainly, we will arrange that straight away". No hard sell on the vouchers/book another holiday at all, no arguments etc. Needless to say, they are my go to airline at the moment.
daveg

Post by daveg »

A bit of defense for Ryanair....a year ago my wife had a stroke, therefore cancelled flights with Ryanair and easyJet.....
Ryanair response was no problem - full refund.
EasyJet s response was , if your wife died then we will refund , otherwise nothing!.....
wilky

Post by wilky »

Transport minister in this mornings Cyprus press warns against buying air tickets as he says the aim is not to carry out the flights but collect the fare and when the flight is cancelled instead of returning the money they give vouchers and then you could wait a year to get a refund.This is what Ryanair are doing since this whole thing began.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

This is what Ryanair are doing since this whole thing began.
This is what many of the low, cost airlines have also been doing so it’s unfair to target Ryanair. My friend had EasyJet flights for April and they allowed a rebook for May (now cancelled again) and will keep going. I have EasyJet flights booked for June and will have exactly the same problem with a refund as the others. I am now being urged to rebook/take a voucher or will have to wait for a refund. Just look at the complaints on the EasyJet Facebook sites.

I for one am a huge Ryanair fan having flown with the family over 100 times with them. They have their faults but they provide me with low cost travel which has opened up many opportunities I may not have had before. I can’t wait to get away with them from Paphos for a weekend to Crete or a short trip to Malta, Mykonos, Budapest or Berlin to name but a few.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I'm currently awaiting a full refund for our package holiday cancelled by Jet2holidays for next month. It will come as Jet2 are refunding as promised.

On the other hand, a weekend tribute break away for me, Mum and hubby to Wales in early April with the coach company Shearings was cancelled by them by phone call on 18 March with a flat refusal of a refund. I was informed they would keep the money for 12 months against my booking reference but could rebook to a later date and if I didn't like it, to email customer care.

Three days later, all the offices were closed and only a handful of staff working on emails from home.

I claimed the same day my holiday was cancelled under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act against my credit card citing the Package Travel Regulations.

We also have setup a Facebook group and have been sharing information. A few have issued small claims procedures online using the UK government page link. That has been successful and by far, the quickest route for a result.

However on 24 April, Shearings put a statement out they were seeking a buyer so issue the NOI notice of intention to file for Administration if no buyer was found.
They started to tell people who indicated they would issue county court proceedings that they wouldn't be allowed to go that way because of their position.

Saying that, a lady on our group could request a judgement by default on Wednesday morning as Shearings failed to respond or file a defence by close of Tuesday business. She received a phone call from Shearings at around 8pm on Monday evening saying they would pay and it would be followed by another call on Tuesday.
That call did eventually come just before 9pm but to say they had to get the payment authorization and it wouldn't be until Friday.....

She was going to wait as the ladies who called her were very nice and trying to help, but I told her she was being too soft and that it wasn't the two ladies she was sueing but a massive company who had already admitted to several of us that they weren't doing as the law for PTRs state.
She put the default judgement request in on Wednesday morning and it was issued against Shearings yesterday.

Guess what? No phone calls came back after Tuesday evening and no payment as promised from Shearings so now they will have to pay and there's a black mark against their name.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
wilky

Post by wilky »

Ryanair made £900million profit and got £600million from Bank of England Covid-19 corporate finance fund can I please have my £850 refund.
memory man

Post by memory man »

House upholds bill that allows issuing of vouchers for cancelled holiday bookings

MPs passed on Friday a bill that enables travel businesses to provide vouchers instead of refunds for cancelled bookings to help the tourism sector weather the financial crisis brought about by the Coronavirus outbreak.

In an announcement, the Finance Ministry said that the new regulation covers travel agents, hotels, cruise companies and car rental companies, which can now issue by law vouchers to customers who cancelled their bookings due to the pandemic.

The new law also stipulates government guarantees of €86.6 million which ensure that travellers will be compensated in case the Cypriot businesses issuing the vouchers become insolvent.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/house-u ... -bookings/
angieb

Post by angieb »

I requested a refund from Ryanair but subsequently was issued with a voucher. Ryanair then said I had to request to be put in a queue for a refund but refund wouldn’t be made until after the pandemic is over. I made a claim through my credit card and received the money back from them in 15 working days.

I accepted vouchers from EasyJet because I use them regularly and have rebooked using vouchers, although one thing to note is that you can only use one voucher per booking. EasyJet gave me an extra £20 voucher as compensation, so it will need to be used as a part payment for another booking and not in conjunction with the flight refund voucher.
wilky

Post by wilky »

Lucky you I am still waiting since 24 March for refund from master card after getting vouchers from Ryanair which I did not request or want.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Just recieved a full refund for cancelled May/ June flights with easyjet

Just took 5 weeks since I requested the refund.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Finally my refund arrived. My flights were cancelled mid March and refund arrived in bank yesterday.