Anyone having TV Freezing problems.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Cheshire Lad

Anyone having TV Freezing problems.

Post by Cheshire Lad »

Switched on 5he tv about an hour ago, and have had freezing issues since then.

Tried all of the pages of the TV guide without success

Are our Oriental friends about ......

Regards
CL
trevnhil

Re: Anyone having TV Freezing problems.

Post by trevnhil »

Ours certainly froze up earlier this afternoon. Now it is doing a lot of 'Stuttering'
Trev..
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

From the supplier
Hi Ian

We are aware, and have emailed the supplier. I believe its across Spain too so hopefully he will sort it soon.

Kind regards
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

Thanks xxxx. Perhaps they have a bullfight going on at the moment

Ta. Ian
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have tried rebooting our system and now all I get is a black screen and then a page loading error..
I have left a message for our supplier, but of course it is evening now.. So maybe no TV tonight and hopefully fixed in the morning
Trev..
Varky

Post by Varky »

Yes, started at about 14.00hrs this afternoon and as of 18.455hrs still freezing after about 10 seconds of programme and then off for about 15 seconds. Sometimes the programme continues from where it left off sometimes it jumps to later in the programme.. Rebooted several times, both the mag box and the wifi router to no avail. I contacted holitec at about 14.30 and left a message when they informed me that they would get back to me, but as yet, nothing.

Did a speed test after switching off the mag box and got a download speed as low as 9mb/s when I am paying for more than double this figure.
Not sure whether it is a CYTA problem or an IPTV problem and frankly I don't care. It needs sorting.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

We have no problems so not likely to be Cyta 😊
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We now have message on screen saying 'That the supplier has heard that there are major problems with the Vodaphone system, which may be affecting the service for some users '
Seems strange ??
Trev..
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:56 pm We now have message on screen saying 'That the supplier has heard that there are major problems with the Vodaphone system, which may be affecting the service for some users '
Seems strange ??
Isn't Cyta a Vodafone company?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

No idea about that.. I just know we get our signal via Cyta.. Maybe others can help with an answer.
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Ours has been buffering all afternoon. The best thing we ever bought was a WD Live Hub which we download movies and TV series onto. It has a 1Tb hard drive so can store hundreds of hours of watchable programmes.
When we have problems with buffering we just change to the AD and watch stored programmes.

Jim
holitec

Post by holitec »

There is an issue an a node somewhere that is effecting spain and cyprus, and only one of our TV suppliers. their datacenter is working on it to try to re-route around the problem. hopefully it will be resolved soon. The other TV suppliers are currently working normally.

Regards,

Digby
uktv.media
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for updating us Digby :-)
Trev..
Varky

Post by Varky »

Varky wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:50 pm Yes, started at about 14.00hrs this afternoon and as of 18.455hrs still freezing after about 10 seconds of programme and then off for about 15 seconds. Sometimes the programme continues from where it left off sometimes it jumps to later in the programme.. Rebooted several times, both the mag box and the wifi router to no avail. I contacted holitec at about 14.30 and left a message when they informed me that they would get back to me, but as yet, nothing.
Did a speed test after switching off the mag box and got a download speed as low as 9mb/s when I am paying for more than double this figure.
Not sure whether it is a CYTA problem or an IPTV problem and frankly I don't care. It needs sorting.
If I had the message posted by holitec or the message via the TV service earlier, I wouldn't have posted the above. Not knowing that someone was on to the situation was the problem.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Getting the same problem as everyone else , and also got the message on screen that mentions Vodafone .

We only intended watching one live program tonight and that is Corrie , thankfully the itv hub is still working so we are sorted .

I hope they get it back soon for those of you that need it .
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I haven’t had a problem with my Triotech Zoomtak box. I get my signal from Cyta and since I upgraded to 20 MB, all has been well.

Dee
JimX

Post by JimX »

Firstly my two systems are OK but I have found because of a huge rise in people watching streaming TV especially in the evenings, this slows Internet down, all very understandable as folks have nothing much to do now so streaming TV no matter what system you are using is getting used far more..

Also what Digby is telling us is correct.

This is my Internet speed from Cyta at 6.30am this morning.

PING ms 33

DOWNLOAD Mbps

UPLOAD Mbps
Jim.
Varky

Post by Varky »

JimX
Mine are:-
Ping 13
Jitter 8
Download 10.7Mb/s
Upload 0.7Mb/s

Not good and nowhere near what I am paying for. Having said that the TV is working fine.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Varky, just tested ours and we are getting, at the moment, exactly what we pay for. Ping 32ms, Download, 20.52, Upload, 3.52. We have a triotech box and have had no issues. The only issue we have is I have a Netgear extender which is not compatible with the new Cyta Modems, and it keeps on disconnecting. Our 2nd Clearstream box is plugged into it.