Phillopos

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jim B

Re: Phillopos

Post by Jim B »

Austin7 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:14 am
lotus wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:28 am Thanks Jim but we're miles away,and I would still have to go there to pick the color ,it's crazy really supermarkets etc are open but not diy places,the amount of people going in and out of supermarkets would be far greater than a dig store
Stop whingeing and complaining at the way Cyprus has dealt with the pandemic. Just be very grateful you are fortunate enough to live here! :evil:
Who's whingeing or being critical of the government? We were discussing about ways of getting the economy working after what has been a very effective lockdown, which has to happen sooner or later. Not everyone has a pension coming in every month and the vast majority are living on the breadline believe it or not.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Phillipos DIY is still open, as is LA DIY in Peyia. Went in there last week for lightbulbs.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Trevnhil and Yioulla,
you can get a battery operated grinder which will safely take down ur pooches nails. I usually trim with the normal nail clipper and finish with the grinder for our two pooches. It is very quiet and they don't mind at all You really need to know what you are doing though with a clipper because the quick grows down with the nail. If they are really long, the tips need to come off and the quick retracts back, so you can take a little more off weekly, until they are a suitable length.
cactus

Post by cactus »

I can't go to the Vet to buy worm and tick treatments and my dogs are not allowed their annual vaccinations. While I am at home not spreading disease my dogs are at risk to themselves and other animals. None of it makes any sense.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Darrow, thanks for the information about the grinder.. It is just better for me to go somewhere to get them cut. In particular I knew about not cutting into the 'quick' but i did not know about it gradually retreating back..
Cactus, I cannot understand why you you cannot get Tick, Flea and worm treatment for your dogs..
It can be bought over the counter and I thought all vets were still open.. I certainly know that D&N are
Trev..
lotus

Post by lotus »

Austin I wasn't whingeing not like some on here ,I give the government full credit for what they are doing,great job so don't put words into my mouth,I have been here in Cyprus nearly Twenty years and while it's a nice place to live it's not all a bed of roses for sure
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

cactus wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:34 pm I can't go to the Vet to buy worm and tick treatments and my dogs are not allowed their annual vaccinations. While I am at home not spreading disease my dogs are at risk to themselves and other animals. None of it makes any sense.
Some vets are open.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Trev
I passed the Vets by One Stop and they were open. Don't know the name but surely some one on here knows plus it's not too far from where you live.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:51 pm Trev
I passed the Vets by One Stop and they were open. Don't know the name but surely some one on here knows plus it's not too far from where you live.

Jim
D & N Vets I think they're called? The vet in Peyia next to Post Office is open.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank You Both..
Trev..
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

cactus wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:34 pm I can't go to the Vet to buy worm and tick treatments and my dogs are not allowed their annual vaccinations. While I am at home not spreading disease my dogs are at risk to themselves and other animals. None of it makes any sense.
I’ve just been to get flea, tick and worm treatment for my cat from D and N Vets on the Mesogi road. They are open all day as usual. You have to tick the box 1 or send the text for pharmacy/doctor as advised by them.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way