U.K. traffic lights to end of lockdown

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

U.K. traffic lights to end of lockdown

Post by Mrblobby »

This has been suggested in the U.K. . Will Cyprus lifting of lockdown be a similar time period ?
Attachments
B67C7B9E-323C-4A8A-91DA-A3570DF71441.jpeg
B67C7B9E-323C-4A8A-91DA-A3570DF71441.jpeg (254.87 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
trevnhil

Re: U.K. traffic lights to end of lockdown

Post by trevnhil »

It is not good news for the older generation.. "Over 70's face a Red Signal for a YEAR" ..
So I for one hope they do not adopt this in Cyprus..
Trev..
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Fake News Again - They should be jailed for printing this crap.

Ministers have poured cold water on reports the Government has drawn-up a graduated plan to start easing the coronavirus lockdown within weeks.
Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster Michael Gove denied suggestions a "traffic light" strategy is about to be brought in which would see some schools and businesses allowed to reopen in mid-May.
Education Secretary Gavin Williamson also dismissed the Mail on Sunday report, tweeting: "No decision has been made on when we will reopen schools.
"I can reassure schools and parents that they will only reopen when the scientific advice indicates it is the right time to do so."
Michael Gove said a series of tests need to be met before the lockdown can be eased in any way (Pippa Fowles/Crown Copyright/10 Downing Street/PA)
Mr Gove told Sky News's Sophy Ridge on Sunday: "It is the case that we are looking at all of the evidence, but we have set some tests which need to be passed before we can think of easing restrictions in this lockdown.
"It is entirely understandable, of course, that there should be a public debate about how we approach these difficult choices."
Mr Gove also strongly defended Boris Johnson after a wide-ranging report in The Sunday Times claimed the Prime Minister had missed five meetings of the key Cobra committee in the run-up to the outbreak.
The report also stated a number of opportunities had been missed by the Government in January, February and March to try and lessen the impact of the gathering crisis.
Controversy has raged over the lack of personal protective equipment (PPE) for NHS staff, and low levels of testing as the disease took hold.
Mr Gove said: "The idea that the Prime Minister skipped meetings that were vital to our response to the coronavirus, I think is grotesque.
"The Prime Minister took all the major decisions.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I never said this was official , I just asked if it might be what may happen in Cyprus .

It has been suggested on here before but nobody jumped on it .

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11859
WHL

Post by WHL »

No one bothers with traffic lights over here, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The comparison to a traffic light is just daft. Red means stop.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Dominic wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:02 pm The comparison to a traffic light is just daft. Red means stop.
Not what the wife said , she saw hairdressers open . :D
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

During this pandemic the media has become an exceptionally dangerous phenomenon even more so spread by social media
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:27 pm This really is fake news. A journalist's invention.

The UK government still hasn't got a strategy as to easing the lockdown. It's something they keep saying they're going to "think about".

They should have done all the "thinking about" and strategic planning 6 weeks ago :(
I am astonished that you are still in Cyprus when you seem to have all the answers the world is searching for. Perhaps you should hop over to Downing Street and take over.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Diocletian
Well Happy in Cyprus is right, the UK government was a bit slow off the bat, they only closed the schools down in the end in the UK because the teachers were starting to get sick and self isolate so they had no choice, there is a huge list of things the government was slow to sort out.
I don't see the point in coming onto a forum and being rude to people to be honest, I think what we are all going through with this lockdown and the worry we have of families who are in the UK and other places, all the negativity from the news, this should be a time for people to support each other and this forum should be a place yes where we debate but there are nice ways of debating with each other.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Cherry345 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:38 pm Diocletian
Well Happy in Cyprus is right, the UK government was a bit slow off the bat, they only closed the schools down in the end in the UK because the teachers were starting to get sick and self isolate so they had no choice, there is a huge list of things the government was slow to sort out.
I don't see the point in coming onto a forum and being rude to people to be honest, I think what we are all going through with this lockdown and the worry we have of families who are in the UK and other places, all the negativity from the news, this should be a time for people to support each other and this forum should be a place yes where we debate but there are nice ways of debating with each other.
The UK Government acted in accordance with the Scientific and Medical advice given at the time. The 'Model' was then changed and the Gov't acted accordingly. Your statement that Teachers were getting sick is a nonsense. There was a media driven campaign to close schools because that is what other nations did. The negative effects of that action are only going to be appreciated when normality resumes. Happy in Cyprus is an individual that seems to have nothing positive to say about the UK at all unless he can use the Courts system or when he gets really ill and scuttles back to the UK for treatment. Which I have no doubt he will do. Cyprus was two months behind when it started its lockdown as there is anecdotal evidence of cases of Covid19 in Cyprus as early as December 2019. Ask the Health Minister, he knows only too well.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Varky

Post by Varky »

UK Lockdown is a myth. They are only playing at it. Any early release release will inevitably lead to repercussions. I am amazed at how much the UK is following the USA in this talk about releasing a weak lockdown. I hope the UK public is more discening than that in the USA, just look at the moron they elected as president. (some might say we already have our own version).
JimX

Post by JimX »

Listening to that compleat arsole Trump this morning saying inject yourselves with Disinfectant, please someone give him a couple of syringes full... :roll:

Lloyd you could do an excellent job...
Jim.
Varky

Post by Varky »

HIC,
You forgot to mention the under skin light injections.