E-reader advice please

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PhotoLady

Re: E-reader advice please

Post by PhotoLady »

I'm signed up with a Facebook page feed which provides a list with links to Amazon for daily offers - a mix of free, reduced and special deals.
I download some for me and those I think my husband will prefer, can choose to have them sent directly to his Kindle reader when he connects it to the internet.
I just love the fact you can have a huge library at your fingertips, fabulous for holiday reading.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Amazon.com, Amazon UK and Amazon Germany, none will deliver to Cyprus, so will go for another solution. Thanks all.
Louise :)
Ams

Post by Ams »

LouiseCastricum wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:16 am Amazon.com, Amazon UK and Amazon Germany, none will deliver to Cyprus, so will go for another solution. Thanks all.
That's very strange about Amazon.com, I thought that here in Cyprus we had to order from Amazon International, which is Amazon.com. Certainly this is where I got both my Kindles from and they arrived quickly by courier. But I suppose the rules may have changed since then. Have you tried contacting them?

Good luck!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have looked at the Amazon.com page about Kindles coming to Cyprus..
It seems the ban may be temporary..
" Due to increased demand, we temporarily have reduced product selection available for delivery to your region. We are working to improve selection availability as soon as possible."
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

LouiseCastricum wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:16 am Amazon.com, Amazon UK and Amazon Germany, none will deliver to Cyprus, so will go for another solution. Thanks all.
Depending on how soon you want it, use RSS or LHUKCY. It will take about a month to get here then.

Regarding getting it to Cyprus, it may be because of the battery. Only certain couriers are allowed to ship them by air.

https://www.paphoslife.com/directory/category/removals
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Road Warrior wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:36 am Kindle Paperwhite, you won't regret it, great screen and battery life.
I second that, I have a Paperwhite, my third Kindle and the best by far and you can read it in the sun :)
Last edited by aphrodite on Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wererabbit

Post by Wererabbit »

While you are waiting for whichever tablet you get and if you have a smart phone just download the Kindle App and you can start reading books on your mobile.
LouiseCastricum

Cornelia wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:41 pm Hallo Louise,
Als je Nederlandse boeken wilt downloaden moet je beslist geen Kindle kopen, want dan kun je alleen maar boeken van Amazon downloaden en de Nederlandse boeken niet lezen. Ik heb nu al mijn derde Kobo, echt geweldig. Ik lees al wel 10 jaar via min ereader en als je wilt heb ik veel Nederlandse boeken voor je, die ik via wetransfer aan je kan versturen. Zeg maar als je interesse hebt en welk genre je graag leest. met vriendelijke groeten, Liset
Ik heb je een Private Message gestuurd.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Hallo Louise,

Am loving the fact your pal messaged you in your Mother tongue (I assume) on this forum. Lovely x

Maggie B
LouiseCastricum

Maggie B wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:39 pm Hallo Louise,

Am loving the fact your pal messaged you in your Mother tongue (I assume) on this forum. Lovely x

Maggie B
Yes, funny to see this. Yes it's Dutch. Don't know if right-click gives the option to translate...... :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes you can translate the message via a right click
Trev..
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

trevnhil wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:11 am Yes you can translate the message via a right click
I think that is actually dependent on your browser. It's built into Google Chrome I believe, but not necessarily available in all browsers
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Its in Safari
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

Louise, ik heb een PM gestuurd, maar hij blijft in de outbox staan. Heb je wat ontvangen?
LouiseCastricum

Yes PM received.