Med Prices are now live

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PhotoLady

Re: Med Prices are now live

Post by PhotoLady »

keving wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:40 am ... so, the prices are only relevant if you don't work in Cyprus or are under UK state retirement age ... like me

Have I got that right?
The prices are relevant if you buy your meds over the counter or with a prescription from a private doctor. You only get the NHS equivalent low price meds at the hospital or local clinic pharmacies with one of their doctors prescriptions.

You have to be paying into the Social Insurance fund and earning below a set amount to qualify. Self-employed can also get a medical card as long as paying SI contributions and meet the criteria.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
memory man

Post by memory man »

If you see a private GP and he gives you a prescription, you will pay the prices as per Med Prices.

When you are registered at General hospital and see a GP ( at cost of eu3 ) and if he writes
prescription, you will have to buy stamps ( 50cents each ) for each item on prescription.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It worked fine for me. I was able to locate the 2 drugs which I have been prescribed , thanks to use of the search facility. Thanks Dominic for providing this.

Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It worked fine for me. I was able to locate the 2 drugs which I have been prescribed , thanks to use of the search facility. Thanks Dominic for providing this.

I wondered if the Govt provide a list of non prescription drugs and over the counter medications? This would also be useful, as these can be surpringly expensive.

Dee
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

PhotoLady wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:40 pm
PeteandSylvi wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:54 pm I'd prefer to have it open in a new tab.

Pete
Pete,
If you right click on the text link to the Meds file, you should see the option to "Open in a new tab" then the default link setup won't take you away from the forum when you click on it....
Quite right but easier just to press CTRL and click. But this is manual, I'd like it to happen automatically so I don't lose the tab with the forum.

Pete
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Unfortunately a lot of browsers will treat that as a popup and try to block it. I guess in the fullness of time I could make it a user profile setting, but in my experience if I put to many of those in it just confuses people.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.