Paphos residents to be tested

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Paphos residents to be tested

Post by Mrblobby »

Paphos and Aradippou residents will be asked to take coronavirus tests due to the increased cases registered in these two areas, the health ministry said on Thursday.

The measure was announced after Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou informed the mayors of Paphos and Aradippou that the government would subsidise Covid-19 tests for the two areas’ residents, following the latest data showing the increased number of cases in the city and district of Paphos and in Aradippou.

Officials of the health ministry’s epidemiology monitoring unit would contact the two mayors to set a schedule for tests to the population of their areas.

Samples will be taken in cooperation with crews from the two municipalities, the health ministry said.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/04/02/coro ... -of-cases/
trevnhil

Re: Paphos residents to be tested

Post by trevnhil »

I have mixed feelings about this... It will certainly find some people who test positive, and I assume they will be treated..

It will possible bring people who have not got the virus, into contact with some who do have it..
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I agree with you Trev .

When they test they push the swab in a long way ....eekk

Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Whenever they show testing being done in the UK, it is done with a swab via the mouth, not the nose?
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Phew.. That is good to hear
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It says the tests will be targeted, and take place in Paphos and Aradipou. The two areas which have the most Covid 19 cases. This implies that not everyone will be tested. I suppose the authorities probably know which type and age range of persons they consider to be more likely to have had contacts with others. Ie members of large and extended families or young people who are socially active for example and meet to form large groups?”

It’s a pity that Paphiots must have earned the area a bad reputation of not staying at home and not carrying out the Govt measures of self isolation. So, the roadside checks are going to be more stringent. At night there will be drones and long distance cameras where they are needed for surveillance. People are being urged to take the lockdown govt measures seriously to avoid an outbreak of Covid 19 on the island as bad as the ones in Italy abd Spain.
Members of the National Guard are going to be used to help man the the check points on the roads and to increase the number.
Dee.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Diocletian wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:17 pm Whenever they show testing being done in the UK, it is done with a swab via the mouth, not the nose?
How about Scotland , up your nose and via your mouth . Not as far up your nose as the first video .

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Robert Peston got slaughtered on Twitter today over this interview on testing.

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

An interesting post Dominic but some might say one of these two things, "I am totally confused with the situation or this sounds bloody dangerous"

WHO who was set up to be ahead of the game. Sadly it has caught everyone by surprise
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:38 pm
Diocletian wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:17 pmWhenever they show testing being done in the UK, it is done with a swab via the mouth, not the nose?

Not so, when they were testing NHS frontline staff on the UK news last night they were testing nose + mouth.
Not on any footage I have seen. It is always in a drive through station and in the mouth.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.