When do you see tourism restarting?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
71 Trans Am

Re: When do you see tourism restarting?

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Gateshead - Just south of Newcastle - Upon - Tyne

I have been told that it has been like this everyday since the supposed lockdown started, i have definitely seen more people passing my house than i normally would during the day but nothing like what it is on the main roads, It must just be that people don't want to stay in regardless of the consequences - Not many are taking it seriously.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

I think the force in different parts of the UK have different directives, in the tourist areas there has been an outcry from the amount of people that arrived at these destinations whether for a day out or relocate to their 2nd homes during the outbreak of the virus plus the hostility from the locals therefore one cannot generalise
It will be interesting what transpires in the U.K. as next weekend is Easter or whether the government will place further restrictions on the lockdown
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Yioula

I think you are correct - We hardly have any police in our area now due to all of the cutbacks - If there is an incident every police vehicle in the area attends to make it look like a good police presence but in reality there are hardly any around and never about if you needed one. But you only have to look in the papers everyday there is some sort of example of non conformity - Today in Nottingham a pub was raided and was full of locals having a lock-in, The other day six people were removed from a park for lying on the grass sunbathing and had to have it explained to them that this was not a Holiday it was a lockdown
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Where I am, Caerphilly, things seem pretty deserted when I have ventured out to buy essentials or exercise . You get a sound of traffic first thing but after the evening , say after 7pm, you can hear a pin drop!
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I very much doubt whether we will see much tourism in Cyprus this year. I only hope that the lockdown will be as short as possible, but remember that both the UK and Cyprus will be stony broke when all this is over. My guess is that it will take 2 to 3 years before there is significant tourism in this country.