Police checks

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Re: Police checks

Post by memory man »

Maybe the people of Paphos deserve some credit
for adhering to the rules.
memory man

Post by memory man »

I am not joking.

Why are you so critical of the Police?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I have a feeling Paphos Police just aren't bothering to report most of the checks where the people being checked were compliant.

My wife was checked, and she wasn't the only one on her particular outing to get checked.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The checks referred to in the article were From 6 pm on Tuesday to 6 am on Wednesday, when no one should have been out..

Apologies ..... from 6 pm to 9 pm people Were allowed out
Last edited by trevnhil on Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Sorry about that mistake :-(
Trev..
memory man

Post by memory man »

Dominic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:22 pm I have a feeling Paphos Police just aren't bothering to report most of the checks where the people being checked were compliant.

My wife was checked, and she wasn't the only one on her particular outing to get checked.
Do you know what happened to the others on your wifes outing?

They were checked, but what happened next?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

memory man wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:59 pm
Dominic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:22 pm I have a feeling Paphos Police just aren't bothering to report most of the checks where the people being checked were compliant.

Do you know what happened to the others on your wifes outing?

They were checked, but what happened next?
From the impression I got from my wife, they were found to be compliant.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I was stopped by police yesterday near the Mall while on my way home. They checked my paper grunted and then waved me on as it was correct. The policeman was poker faced, I guess he might have been fed up doing it.

Dee
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I agree with Austin 7; it really needs tightening up. Most probably they'll have to bring the police up from Nicosia again to sort things out like they do when checking for driving offences. There's still a village mentallity in Paphos.

Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just read that the National Guard are to be brought in to help.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Only one adult allowed in vehicles unless accompanied by children. Information came from Son in Law.

Jim
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Jim B wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:10 pm Only one adult allowed in vehicles unless accompanied by children. Information came from Son in Law.

Jim
Oh, I would like some confirmation of that, if it is possible.... Because I can't see how the information can be right

If only one person drives out of a couple, how is the non driver to get anywhere... ???? For instance doctor's or a dentists..
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

OMG! What are the National Guard going to do? The police from Nicosia are the ones who everyone respects .Presumeably they don’t have relatives in Paphos!

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 pm OMG! What are the National Guard going to do? The police from Nicosia are the ones who everyone respects .Presumeably they don’t have relatives in Paphos!

Dee
Utter tosh, :roll: they can help the police conduct more checks , why do you always, have to find negativity? Especially in these hard times
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:40 pm
Jim B wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:10 pm Only one adult allowed in vehicles unless accompanied by children. Information came from Son in Law.

Jim
Oh, I would like some confirmation of that, if it is possible.... Because I can't see how the information can be right

If only one person drives out of a couple, how is the non driver to get anywhere... ???? For instance doctor's or a dentists..
Well let's wait and see; the statute in Greek always comes out first. There's always extenuating circumstances included in the government decrees.

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

WHL wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:12 pm
Kili01 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 pm OMG! What are the National Guard going to do? The police from Nicosia are the ones who everyone respects .Presumeably they don’t have relatives in Paphos!

Dee
Utter tosh, :roll: they can help the police conduct more checks , why do you always, have to find negativity? Especially in these hard times
WHL
Nicosia police are often sent down to Paphos, especially when national traffic purges are being carried out due to lack of zeal by the local force and maybe the National Guard are going to help out in this direction. As was pointed out in another post the number of checks and fines in Paphos is well below the National average considering it is the epicentre for the virus in Cyprus.

Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jim B wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:42 pm
WHL wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:12 pm

Dee
WHL
Nicosia police are often sent down to Paphos, especially when national traffic purges are being carried out due to lack of zeal by the local force and maybe the National Guard are going to help out in this direction. As was pointed out in another post the number of checks and fines in Paphos is well below the National average considering it is the epicentre for the virus in Cyprus.

Jim
They will be deployed island wide ,not only Paphos.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Austin7 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:15 pm I saw a statistical map (source unknown) on a Paphos based Facebook information site which showed the spread of the virus geographically. Nicosia had 9.7% - Limassol had 3.3% - Paphos had a massive 39.3% so a heavier crackdown in Paphos seems fully justified to me!
I understand from various news reports that the vast majority of cases in Paphos can be linked back to one case in Paphos hospital where the infection was brought in by somebody travelling from UK to visit seriously ill relative - cross contamination occurred before any symptoms showed up.

Which just shows how necessary it is to STAY HOME and STAY SAFE
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The information came from one of the Greek newspapers so best to wait and see, the government fortunately does review its strategy.

WHL
Yes, I am aware that the National Guard will be used island wide, that information was also in the same newspaper.

Jim
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Have they asked the NGs mums if its ok?