Cabinet approves expropriation of private land in Peyia to protect Mediterranean seal

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Cabinet approves expropriation of private land in Peyia to protect Mediterranean seal

Post by Paphos Life »

Good news for the Mediterranean monk seal (According to the announcement, today's decision is of great importance for the preservation of the small population of Monachus Monachus in Cyprus.The move was an initiative of the Minister of Agriculture Costas Kadis and fall within Cyprus' international obligations to effectively protect the species....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Cabinet approves expropriation of private land in Peyia to protect Mediterranean seal

Post by Kili01 »

Would be interested to know where this land is? I hope that its on the coast as there has been so much new development around the Sea Caves area. It sounds wonderful if there is somewhere protected where the seals can breed and live without being disturbed.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Cabinet approves expropriation of private land in Peyia to protect Mediterranean seal

Post by Dominic »

I guess it would have to be on the coast if the seals were to get any benefit.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Sorry, Dominic, guess I’m a bit cynical until I have more definite info!
Land in that area is much sought after and v expensive! I really hope all will be well!