Lockdown fatigue already? Stress relief video perhaps helps..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Lockdown fatigue already? Stress relief video perhaps helps..

Post by cyprusmax47 »

As we are not allowed for a good run outside our homes for stress relief, here a video ( translated intro) in German language only, unfortunately. But perhaps there are more on this forum who understand some German I hope.

Intro:
In this video Wolfgang shows you how you can reduce your stress with a few simple exercises.

Wolfgang first explains what happens in the body when we are under stress. And he does this using a sabre-toothed tiger in the Stone Age. In an escape or fight situation the hormones adrenalin and cortisol are released in the human body. These hormones cause the blood pressure and the pulse to rise. And that more fats and carbohydrates are sent into the bloodstream. The digestion and the immune system is shut down. Of course, a lot more happens. Among other things, your senses are sharpened. The human body becomes more efficient for this important situation.

Through the physical activity that follows such a situation, in our example the escape or the fight, the hormones are reduced again. Hopefully not through the saber-toothed tiger...

The same thing happens today when you are under stress. Your body releases adrenalin and cortisol. It doesn't always need a life-threatening situation. The big difference to the situation in the Stone Age is that today, after hormone release, we do not do any physical activity. And so the hormones stay in the body longer. And, in the worst case, are continuously built up.

So you could go running, for example, after a stressful situation. That also works. But Wolfgang will show you a Qi Gong program with which you can reduce the stress. From the point of view of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the heart meridian and the circulatory meridian are required in a stressful situation. And the kidney energy, your life battery is reduced. When the kidney energy is completely used up, the so-called burn-out occurs.

The five simple Qi Gong exercises that Wolfgang shows you influence exactly these meridians: heart, liver and kidney.

Afterwards you will learn acupressure points with which you can deepen the effect of the exercises: The Sea of Tranquility, the circulation points and the kidney points. Of course you can also press these points before or during or after a stressful situation without doing the five exercises.

(translation with Deepl.)

Max
Oxfordboy

Re: Lockdown fatigue already? Stress relief video perhaps helps..

Post by Oxfordboy »

But surely Option 6 of the form/SMS means you are allowed for a good run outside your house as long as it's in the neighbourhood and is complete within a reasonable amount of time?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

No 6 is exactly correct. I go every day for my exercise. I do a fast walk over a good distance and manage to get a sweat up.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You are definitely allowed out for a run. It just needs to be close to home. Similarly, our stroll we did the other day which became the Polemi Lockdown blog was classed as Option 6.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.