Polemi Lockdown

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Polemi Lockdown

Post by Dominic »

Cyprus is in lockdown, for its own good. We are allowed to leave the house for exercise, so a brisk walk around the block was in order. And fortunately, we have a very scenic block...

Read the article and chat about it below...

polemi-lockdown_masthead.jpg
polemi-lockdown_masthead.jpg (150.81 KiB) Viewed 3666 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mark

Re: Polemi Lockdown

Post by Mark »

Cyprus in bloom, at its best.

Thanks Dominic
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Thanks for such lovely cheering photos.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Regarding the Polemi Lockdown, today is day 17 since my wife went out other then walking the dog down 'our' lane ...
Trev..
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Thought we were doing well with our self quarantine of 9 days. Well done Trev and stay safe. We have still got salad stuff in our fridge that is 9 days old and veg that is a fortnight old. However, will have to do a big shop sometime this week.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

It’s such a shame we’re on lockdown..this time of year is my absolute favourite, the spring flowers and blossom are wonderful.
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Anarita John wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:02 am Thought we were doing well with our self quarantine of 9 days. Well done Trev and stay safe. We have still got salad stuff in our fridge that is 9 days old and veg that is a fortnight old. However, will have to do a big shop sometime this week.
Delicious vegetable soup on the boil then?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

My wife wastes absolutely nothing. Al veg and anything else left over is used in soups or stews or fry-ups. YUMMY.
All things are possible
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Tonight, sweet and sour pork, using the peppers and onion bought a fortnight ago, when we first arrived. We are still eating homemade chicken and veg soup from the last time we were here. Probably make some more soup as they had turkey legs last time we were in Lidl and they make a really good stock for for turkey and veg soup.

All the plastic bits on top of our old Prestige pressure cooker fell to bits in October but we bought a multicooker off Amazon on Black Friday. Brought it out to Cyprus and it is one of the best things we have bought. Brilliant for soup and can be used for almost anything, including making yoghurt. We have used it as both a slow cooker and a pressure cooker. When I made a curry in it, it even warned me that there was a risk of it sticking to the bottom of the pan.

Back to the original thread. Lovely photos Dominic. Spring is my favourite time of the year and I am missing my walks along the coast and my rides.
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Thanks for your lovely photos, perhaps you could go for another walk when tulips are fully out. I have been trying to organise my holidays to be in Cyprus when the festival is on and this year had achieved it. Holiday cancelled!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The festival has been cancelled as well. But of course, no one told the tulips and they will be there
Trev..