Alternative Medicine

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Alternative Medicine

Post by Kili01 »

I just wondered if anyone knows whether, in the light of the police stopping people and fining them if they don’t approve of the reason why they are out, whether visiting a homeopathic practitioner is OK? In my friends case it would be remedial masseur? My friend has hurt her back and painkillers aren’t giving relief from the pain.

Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Alternative Medicine

Post by Devil »

My guess is that if the practitioners are qualified, they should be considered as going about their work. However, some of these people are just quacks and should not be allowed out – ever!
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Why would this be a problem as long as the recommended precautions are taken & the whole trip to the masseur lasts no more than 3 hours. Using the current SMS, or paper based system, no one really knows where you are going. The police are not going to be following you!

Slight change from the topic; Youths congregating in evenings - why don't the government just introduce a curfew, say after 7pm? That would make the job of the police far easier. So unless you can convince the police why you are out after 7pm, YOU'RE BOOKED.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

IS there a problem of youths congregating after 7PM?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Thanks for your helpful replies. I’ll relay the info to her.

Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Dominic wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:07 pm IS there a problem of youths congregating after 7PM?
Earlier, too. As I write, my ears are being battered by the sound of two motorbikes without exhaust baffles.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Dominic wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:07 pm IS there a problem of youths congregating after 7PM?
According to the CM yes, including the building of Easter bonfires by youths (Decreed illegal)

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/27/coro ... ire-plans/

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/28/coro ... trictions/
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Whats this got to do with alternative medicine? Should it have been a separate string?.
WHL

Post by WHL »

A massage table is the last place you would want to be on at this moment, I regularly visit one, who is very professional, and I have seen her spray the area where your face sits, with an anti bacterial spray, but at the moment she is not allowed to operate, just like hairdressers etc, and to be honest the thought of someone lying on there breathing all over it, even if she sprays it before the next client gets on, isn't a risk im prepared to take, so I will just put up with back pain etc.