Boris Johnson tests positive for Coronavirus.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Boris Johnson tests positive for Coronavirus.

Post by Dominic »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52060791?at ... st+type%5D

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus, Downing Street has said.

Mr Johnson has mild symptoms and will self-isolate in Downing Street.

"He was tested for coronavirus on the personal advice of England's chief medical officer, Professor Chris Whitty," a statement said.

He will still be in charge of the government's handling of the crisis, the statement added.

The test was carried out at Number 10 by NHS staff.

In a tweet, Mr Johnson said: "Over the last 24 hours I have developed mild symptoms and tested positive for coronavirus. I am now self-isolating, but I will continue to lead the government's response via video-conference as we fight this virus.

"Together we will beat this."

Mr Johnson was last seen on Thursday night, as he clapped outside No 10 as part of a nationwide gesture to thank NHS staff.

There are more than 11,600 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK, and 578 people have died.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
memory man

Re: Boris Johnson tests positive for Coronavirus.

Post by memory man »

I feel sorry for the virus. :o
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

And now Matt Hancock
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I feel sorry for the UK and the people there, the Govt could have done much more in the way
Of advance planning. Ie placing orders for the vitally required items like protective clothing for everyone working in hospitals, for ventilators and above all the virus testing kits. Boris gives the impression that he is disorganised and indecisive and now has the virus,as have some of his associates...

Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

This has made me so angry. He and several other "important" people including Prince Charles have all been described as displaying mild symptoms yet have all received tests and gone into self-isolation.
Boris said he has a persistent cough yet did a full 2 minutes and 11 second video update without being out of breath, not a single indication of a cough.
Us "plebs" on the streets have to wait for hours to reach 111, go through a mass of questions before you can speak to a person and if you can get a full sentence out between gasps for breath OR a coughing you get told you're okay to self-isolate but call again if it gets worse. No test unless you are hospitalised.
Our figures being given out are not real.
They have known for 2 months this was coming for us and they haven't paid out the money for PPE kit or testing for medical staff who are looking after the worst cases.
Seems to be like any other time. If your face fits, you will be looked after....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Are you honestly surprised that the Heir to the Throne and the Prime Minister were able to get tested?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Termites Dream wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:38 am Last night Gove stood in for Johnson. He was asked during Q &A if they would publish the medical advice they were given on the Virus. Gove however made no effort to even address the issue.
Of the main people in the Cabinet, I consider that Gove is the least communicative, I suspect because he has only half a brain. However, he is very good at not answering questions!
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The Telegraph has published excepts of the NHS 2014 dry-run off a pandemic, where they failed on many aspects, but PPE was an easy one to fix. Criminality should be considered as it should against Cummings and Boris for their Herd Immunity dithering that has cost lives... BTW, if anyone wants a copy of the report, PM me
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Johnson is being advised by the top scientific brains in the country. This does not include the editor of the Lancet.