Citizen's Form and SMS Generator

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Citizen's Form and SMS Generator

Post by Dominic »

Use this form to generate a completed PDF for your travels. No data is saved on our servers. You can also send an SMS to 8998 if you would rather use that option. The code to send is shown at the bottom. It updates as you fill the form in. You can only have one reason for being out via SMS. If you use the form you can have two reasons. However, it lets you tick as many as you like. Only tick a maximum of two.

https://www.paphoslife.com/coronaform
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Citizen's Form and SMS Generator

Post by Dominic »

I shall pin this to the top.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Friend reported his gf was questioned by police when she went to Kiosk to but chocolates. Told inappropriate movement.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

mike strand2 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:36 pm Friend reported his gf was questioned by police when she went to Kiosk to but chocolates. Told inappropriate movement.
But in the minds of some people, chocolate IS essential! 😲🙄😀
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Chocolate (the right type of chocolate) has so many health benefits eg source of antioxidants, may improve blood flow and lower blood pressure, may reduce heart disease risk, may improve brain function. My opinion is that it is an essential item - as a mood enhancer!

Below is a link to a magazine article as the main research scientist (me) is still undertaking tests on a daily basis to check out all the above claims. As my only problem is with my respiratory system I am proof that the above claims do work.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7- ... -chocolate
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

She went out JUST to buy chocolate. If she'd have gone out to buy ESSENTIALS as well as her CRAVING chocolate, she'd have been let off I guess.

Anyway Galexinda, you should inform the police (& Judiciary) that their action was possibly damaging the girls wellbeing!
memory man

Post by memory man »

After reading elsewhere, it has been reported that the forms are
now not needed.

The 8998 SMS service is the way to go.

Can anyone confirm this?
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Don't click on the link if you are easily offended, but in the interest go good health - go on.
memory man

Post by memory man »

What to do if you 'aint got a mobile phone!
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

memory man wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:04 pm What to do if you 'aint got a mobile phone!
I'll stick to the form thank you.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We also heard that the police in Mandria were stopping people and one man fined for using the paper form. So for that reason we used the text message system and it was instant reply. Good to go.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I have amended our form & SMS generator so that it only allows one reason.

If you input the time and date you will have them printed out. I believe some issues with forms is that the date and time can be changed, especially if you write them in pencil. Well, if you print them out they can't be.

I shall check this theory out next time I have to go down town. However, I shall also text, just to be safe.

https://www.paphoslife.com/coronaform

Also note, that if you just want to use this form to generate your SMS code, no information is sent to the server. It happens automatically in your browser.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It would certainly be good to see something official if the forms are NOT now accepted..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Latest update from social media:
_____

Update on Citizens Movement form
I just got off the phone with a senior Policewoman at Paphos Police HQ. She has confirmed that you CAN use the OFFICIAL form of the Cyprus Government to move about - IF NECESSARY - once again people this is not a right to go out just because you want to, you are meant to use it ONLY if you have the necessity to.
She will call Pegeia Police and sort this out.
One note - Some people are ABUSING this form and on point 8 writing a load of rubbish and wanting the Police to accept it - Paphos Police told me that they have booked people for doing this.
The IMPORTANT THING HERE is that we are ALL under quarantine and should only got out if ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY and not because we want to.
Together, we are all going to get through this - if not, stricter measures will be enforced as per the President's speech.
If you can use the SMS, then use it, but you will not be penalised for using the form as long as it is a LEGITIMATE reason.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you Dominic for doing that and making things clearer
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It wasn't me who phoned the police. I am just relaying the message.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Ive been going out every day to the shops, more to get out the house then really needing shopping, but after speaking to a family member who is on the front line in a UK hospital, they have told me in no uncertain terms, what an idiot im being, and we dont know the half of how dangerouse this virus is, so I have belatedly taken this on board, and will only be going out once a week.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/28/coro ... D0bqb0UwGI

''In the meantime, police on Saturday said that persons who choose to use handwritten notes for their movements for various reasons must make sure they include all the necessary information.

The reminder comes after complaints to the Cyprus Mail over rumours that people had encountered problems for not sending text messages to 8998 for approval of purpose of movement.

Police told the Cyprus Mail there had been no changes over the procedure; the public must fill out and present either the printed forms, send text messages to 8998, or present handwritten notes.

But apparently there have been problems with handwritten notes not including all the necessary information.

The handwritten notes should include the bearer’s full name, date of birth, ID or passport number, residence address, the time of movement and the purpose of the movement which must conform to the reasons cited in the government decree. They must also sign and add the date. Bearers need to also present their ID or passport''.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I go out every day for a short walk around my neighbourhood, keeping at least 2 metres distance from the other like minded person I may meet along the way. I re-use the form by crossing out the time and writing a new one. The same with the date. The purpose stays the same. Am I being environmentally friendly or going to get in trouble with the fuzz for doing that?
memory man

Post by memory man »

Police intensify Paphos restriction checks following violations

Police will be intensifying restriction violation checks in Paphos, as yesterday saw an increase in the number of people not adhering to the restriction of movement decree.

Authorities reported three people Friday, that number going up to 26 last night, with the Paphos police considering this to be quite high for the town’s population and moving towards more intensified patrols and restriction checks over the next few days.

In Paphos, 25 officers have added to existing patrols, taken from departments that were not in the front line, said the town’s police superintendent Nikos Pentaras, following an internal teleconference on the effective enforcement of the restriction decrees.

It was decided that more staff was necessary for street checks, so the 25 were utilised from the airport and certain other services.

In Larnaca, 17 people, out of a total of 442 checks, were reported for violating the restriction of movement decree over the past 24 hours.

214 businesses underwent checks, with no violations

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/police- ... iolations/