Citizen's Form and SMS Generator

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jeba

Re: Citizen's Form and SMS Generator

Post by jeba »

LouiseCastricum wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:40 am
jeba wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:27 am
mike strand2 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:13 pm See latest, applicable from 6am Tuesday 31 March

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/30/coro ... their-way/
I´ve tried to use the sms system but I always get rejected because of "wrong format". I guess that the system doesn´t recognise German ID numbers (which consist of a combination of numbers and letters). What must I do now that written forms are no longer accepted?
Jeba I had the same with my Dutch passport number but the system accepts my old ID card number which is the same as your tax number. This number is also on your driving license. On my old id card it states as 05-30.... The sms should be like 0530...... Hope this helps. When I have to leave the house I have my passport as well as my old ID card with me.
Unfortunately, I don´t have a Cypriot ID nor or a Cypriot driving license. Will try the tax number next time I need to go out. Just saw that link on the Eastern forum: https://covid19.cy/index_en.html. There an ARC - number is mentioned. What could that be?
memory man

Post by memory man »

ARC = Alien Registration Certificate
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

No problem with two police controls, a few kilometres apart, using the paper form. In fact, I would suggest that using the paper form is easier and more reliable, if you are over 65. No problems with the police.
jeba

Post by jeba »

memory man wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:55 pm ARC = Alien Registration Certificate
I had tried that last week already but it didn´t work. Still got rejected because of "wrong format".
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

jeba wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:29 pm
memory man wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:55 pm ARC = Alien Registration Certificate
I had tried that last week already but it didn´t work. Still got rejected because of "wrong format".
That ARC is also the same number as the ID.
Louise :)
Varky

Post by Varky »

I found the instructions in this lower part of this attachment to be helpful. The wording of the upper part may not be valid following the recent changes

https://covid19.cy/index_en.html?fbclid ... bVuIHQBCZY
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Devil wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:56 pm No problem with two police controls, a few kilometres apart, using the paper form. In fact, I would suggest that using the paper form is easier and more reliable, if you are over 65. No problems with the police.
I have typed in my personal information and 3 forms fit each side of an A4 sheet of paper thus making 6 forms in order to cut down on paper and more importantly ink. Now just complete in pencil the date and time and tick the reason so I can reuse the form. If out for more than one reason, just tick the relevant boxes and in section 8 write in anything that isn't covered elsewhere. Photocopy of MEU3 for ID.

Stopped by police on Thursday and all OK.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

jeba

Have you contacted the German Embassy in Nicosia or perhaps some German groups here in Cyprus? Someone there may have had similar problems.
EG: https://www.internations.org/cyprus-expats/germans
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

galexinda wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:03 pm
I have typed in my personal information and 3 forms fit each side of an A4 sheet of paper thus making 6 forms in order to cut down on paper and more importantly ink.
Are you that miserly that you bother spending extra time and money for something you need to print out only once or twice a week? All for a pennyworth of paper and ink?
jeba

Post by jeba »

galexinda wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:10 pm jeba

Have you contacted the German Embassy in Nicosia or perhaps some German groups here in Cyprus? Someone there may have had similar problems.
EG: https://www.internations.org/cyprus-expats/germans
No, I simply sent the sms as proof that I tried and had the paper form with me as well. Meanwhile the sms system works without me having changed anything.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Devil wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:20 pm
I have typed in my personal information and 3 forms fit each side of an A4 sheet of paper thus making 6 forms in order to cut down on paper and more importantly ink.
Are you that miserly that you bother spending extra time and money for something you need to print out only once or twice a week? All for a pennyworth of paper and ink?
A cost effective method which fits the purpose rather than print 6 full size forms on 6 pieces of paper thus using more materials and would only be single use if completed in ink.

Besides, we may still have these restrictions in the months ahead if people don't comply and/or the number of new coronavirus cases doesn't go down soon.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We have done exactly the same. Six forms per sheet. Brilliant. :D
All things are possible
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I have typed in my personal information and 3 forms fit each side of an A4 sheet of paper thus making 6 forms in order to cut down on paper and more importantly in
We did the same six forms on one sheet of paper. Makes sense. :mrgreen:
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Call centre service for citizens who cannot use the 8998 text messaging service for the movement by way of exception

In order to facilitate the citizens who cannot use the 8998 text messaging (SMS) service for the movement of citizen by way of exception, the Deputy Ministry for Research, Innovation and Digital Policy is introducing a new call center service, which citizens are advised to use only in the cases below:

Subscribers of foreign telecommunications providers, as the SMS service does not support messages from non-Cypriot numbers.
Citizens who face any kind of problems in the efforts to attain approval through the SMS service.
The service will be available to citizens from 06:00am to 21:00, in both Greek and English, as follows:

For Cypriot phone numbers: 80012012
For non-Cypriot phone numbers: +357 22 263030.
It is highlighted that the centre will service calls only from mobile phones, through an automated IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system.

Citizens using this system for movements by way of exception, will be receiving a relevant reply through text message (SMS) on their mobile phones.

Please be reminded that, as per the relevant decrees, only one movement by way of exception is allowed per day, regardless of the method used to attain the relevant approval.

Citizens bear personal responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided to the call center and shall be liable for false statements.

Further information on the process of attaining approval for movement by way of exception is available at the following link: www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Do we have the new categories to select on SMS in English yet?

I'm wondering how the 3 trips out will work. Can I select the same category twice or even 3 times? Is each outing timed at 3 hours, or was that scrapped?

I find the changes from 4 May not at all clear!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Haven't seen any English versions, but I am sure you can still use the old form. It isn't complicated at all really. Instead of being able to send out one SMS, you can now send out three. Or use three forms.

You can now go anywhere in the district to exercise. There are six districts in Cyprus. Paphos is one, Limassol another. You can swim in the sea now, which was a problem for people in Nicosia. So they changed the district bit to say that you can go to a different district to swim.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Here is the only version I have found which is on another forum which someone has modified from the original:

https://www.gmayor.com/Forum/DECLARATIO ... pdated.pdf
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The form generator has now been updated to include the new version of Option 6.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Hopefully we won't be needing this again...
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Guess you can close the thread, Dominic – thanks!