Citizen's Form and SMS Generator

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Discobolus

Re: Citizen's Form and SMS Generator

Post by Discobolus »

As I wrote elsewhere in a few days my wife has an appointment with with the surgeon who did her pacemaker six weeks ago in Nicosia, he rang her last week, 15k wouldn’t be very helpful.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

See latest, applicable from 6am Tuesday 31 March

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/30/coro ... their-way/
Varky

Post by Varky »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:50 am Varky, I hope you don't think I am nosy but why the trip to Paphos? I thought most if not all things could be obtained in Peyia ... I really am wanting to go to Paphos from Polemi, to our favourite Supermarket and to a BOC, ATM There are shops in our village and a kiosk ATM ..
First of all I wanted to go to the Alpha Bank and the closest one is in Paphos. Secondly the closest supermarket to us, which in my opinion, operates a less than totally hygienic modus operandi as compared with other more remote supermarkets.

I would say that once I get in my car I don't think I am at greater risk or am a greater risk to others than if I drove 100 yards down the road to do my shopping. The critical period is from when you get out your car until you return to it. In one of your postings you have stated that you consider a trip of 20km out and 20km back is not unreasonable.

Finally I consider that my once a week big shop is of less of a risk than the permitted once a day trip now allowed under the new restrictions. From leaving my apartment to returning I was away for less than two hours.nI would certainly not do that journey just for a pint of milk.
Last edited by Varky on Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Mentioning banks, JCC will not impose a charge for using their ATM's, so no need to go chasing around to find your own bank if it's just to withdraw cash.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Varky thanks for the reply, and I basically agree with all you say.. By the way, I think you must have moved from Anarita now ;-) Take care..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Discobolus wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:43 pm As I wrote elsewhere in a few days my wife has an appointment with with the surgeon who did her pacemaker six weeks ago in Nicosia, he rang her last week, 15k wouldn’t be very helpful.
That would be an exceptional case, and your surgeon will advise what (if anything) you have to do in order to attend the appointment. Maybe he could send you an email stating the reason for the journey to Nicosia or perhaps you already have an appointment slip? I always prefer, if possible, to have something in writing and have found the doctors here very accommodating.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

It would be a bugbear if we did have to use the nearest facilities, so hope everyone will now follow the new restrictions from Tuesday 6am.
Varky

Post by Varky »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:18 pm Varky thanks for the reply, and I basically agree with all you say.. By the way, I think you must have moved from Anarita now ;-) Take care..
We moved into our apartment in Peyia just before Xmas as it is smaller and more economical to heat through the winter. Obviously this was before the Corona sh*t happened. We are hoping to return soon but we have to consider/negotiate a 'legal' way to do this.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Varky

Phillipos HAS been operating a over-60s time slot. Get your facts right please.

Alan
Varky

Post by Varky »

emgee wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:03 pm Varky
Phillipos HAS been operating a over-60s time slot. Get your facts right please.
Alan
In name only. Reality is something else if my last visit over a week ago was anything to go by.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Innovation Minister: Citizens attempting a 2nd SMS will be rejected by system

The system will automatically reject a second request by SMS to citizens requesting movement by exception for a second time in the same day under new stricter movement restrictions effective tomorrow, Deputy Minister of Innovation Kyriacos Kokkinos told philenews.

According to the new measures announced by Minister of Health Constantinos Ioannou earlier on Monday, permission to leave the house will be limited to once a day effective from 6 am tomorrow.

“If someone texts for a second time from the same number using the same ID, it means they have used up their permitted quota and the system will reject them.

“We estimate that this will reduce movements. Some people sent an SMS five times a day. Now they are forced to do so only once,” he said.

Asked if the system can support the great number of texts he said that “all these technologies are developed under great pressure without proper checks — stress tests if you will. We are nevertheless not expecting to have any issues.”

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/innovat ... by-system/
jeba

Post by jeba »

mike strand2 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:13 pm See latest, applicable from 6am Tuesday 31 March

I´ve tried to use the sms system but I always get rejected because of "wrong format". I guess that the system doesn´t recognise German ID numbers (which consist of a combination of numbers and letters). What must I do now that written forms are no longer accepted?
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

My carer's passport consists of P***11**A and has been accepted. Suggest ringing the helpline if having a problem.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I wonder if the sale of cheap (€20) mobiles will increase; as some will no doubt try to find a way around the restrictions :roll: :x
Henann

Post by Henann »

Hi been over since 11/3 for a month
we have been using
The form supplied on site but with further restrictions
This morning and both being under 65
With uk mobile phones which do not deliver
The sms request how do we go out ?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I would get a PAYG sim,
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Specifically for jeba but useful for anyone else:

For more clarifications on the measures and on movement restrictions, call
22 421600
22 495666
22 495671
22 421745
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

jeba wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:27 am
mike strand2 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:13 pm See latest, applicable from 6am Tuesday 31 March

I´ve tried to use the sms system but I always get rejected because of "wrong format". I guess that the system doesn´t recognise German ID numbers (which consist of a combination of numbers and letters). What must I do now that written forms are no longer accepted?
Jeba I had the same with my Dutch passport number but the system accepts my old ID card number which is the same as your tax number. This number is also on your driving license. On my old id card it states as 05-30.... The sms should be like 0530...... Hope this helps. When I have to leave the house I have my passport as well as my old ID card with me.
Louise :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I used the SMS system for the first time this morning even though I am well over 65.. But I just did exactly as the instructions stated and no problems. The reply was immediate .. I used my I D number.
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

galexinda wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:19 am Specifically for jeba but useful for anyone else:

For more clarifications on the measures and on movement restrictions, call
22 421600
22 495666
22 495671
22 421745
Tried all the numbers today but no one is picking up