Citizen's Form and SMS Generator

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Re: Citizen's Form and SMS Generator

Post by galexinda »

mike strand2 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 am She went out JUST to buy chocolate. If she'd have gone out to buy ESSENTIALS as well as her CRAVING chocolate, she'd have been let off I guess.

Anyway Galexinda, you should inform the police (& Judiciary) that their action was possibly damaging the girls wellbeing!
Some people crave chocolate in times of stress - far better than taking antidepressants or taking it out on the person nearest to you, so in this situation the wellbeing of the boyfriend should also be taken into consideration.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Does anyone know if you can request approval via SMS for two people travelling together at the same time using one mobile phone.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Try it!

First person enters the relevant details and sends SMS.

Second person enters the relevant details and sends SMS only difference being the ID number.

You will receive a separate reply for each so worth waiting for the first person to get the reply before the second person sends their text.

Hope this works as I haven't tried it, but that is what I would do.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I thought that only one person is allowed per car???
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Can't see that being right, what if you are a parent and child
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

389 people fined to date for being out without the citizens form or abuse of the system, some up to €3,000.
These figures were on one of the Cyprus/Russian forums. Best to go out only if you really have to.

Jim
Varky

Post by Varky »

Devil wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:31 pm I thought that only one person is allowed per car???
I understood it to be 2 people maximum but could be more if there were children from the same household.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is very difficult if there is just Mum and 2 youngsters..
Trev..
darrow

Post by darrow »

We exercise our dogs every morning. I send the message twice, with just the different passport number. No problem! We have only passed One person twice this week, keeping the social distance. They were also out with their dog. I saw a family out with their child and the dog when i was returning from the shops last week, so it seems you can go out as a famiky, unless they were flouting the lockdown?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

darrow wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:15 am I saw a family out with their child and the dog when i was returning from the shops last week, so it seems you can go out as a famiky, unless they were flouting the lockdown?
Do you really think that you can go out as a family? Do you really want to put your family at increased risk? :cry: :cry: :cry:
darrow

Post by darrow »

Devil wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:24 am
darrow wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:15 am I saw a family out with their child and the dog when i was returning from the shops last week, so it seems you can go out as a famiky, unless they were flouting the lockdown?
Do you really think that you can go out as a family? Do you really want to put your family at increased risk? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Are you asking me Devil? I don't think that at all! I was merely saying I saw someone out as a family. Someone else mentioned it. I don't have family here.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

'you' was general to anyone reading it, not specifically thee.
Varky

Post by Varky »

If generalising when using the word 'all' may I suggest you use the phrase 'you all'. This may help to refuse confusion and possible aggravation between posters which is not something we need in these trying times.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Varky wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:30 pm Does anyone know if you can request approval via SMS for two people travelling together at the same time using one mobile phone.
I can confirm that you can get SMS approval for two people using the same mobile phone by making separate applications to the SMS number, one after the other, as I did it this morning.

Disappointingly I was not checked once on our weekly trip from Peyia to Paphos and back. I went out with both the form and SMS response so could not test whether the form was being accepted (having the SMS backup just in case it wasn't).

Contrary to what was posted elsewhere I saw only one couple and one individual walking dogs on our journey along Peyia main street. No other pedestrians at all.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Varky, I hope you don't think I am nosy but why the trip to Paphos? I thought most if not all things could be obtained in Peyia ... I really am wanting to go to Paphos from Polemi, to our favourite Supermarket and to a BOC, ATM There are shops in our village and a kiosk ATM ..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I've just got back from Paphos. I had two forms printed out; one Code 8 for a trip to the Green Point, and one for the supermarket.

The only queues I saw were outside banks. Hopefully this crisis will enable the local Cypriots to at last embrace online banking.

Regarding supermarkets, I first went to Alpha Mega, then I went to Mesogi Road Lidl. I wasn't stopped at any roadblock, though I did see a couple of police cars driving around.

The supermarkets themselves were both well stocked, though I couldn't get any yeast at Lidl. Luckily I had already bought some at Alpha Mega. I prefer the Lidl ones though because the sachets are the exact right amount for a loaf in the bread maker.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Someone I know went from Pafos to Limassol just because he felt like it! I don'think he even bothered with a permit.

Time to restrict how far you can travel m'thinks. 15km maybe?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The problem is that 15km is not a lot if you are travelling from Polemi or Stroumbi .. I am not sure if you were referring to the total journey or to a place so far from your home... But 20km out and 20 km back would be better
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Varky wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 am
Varky wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:30 pm Does anyone know if you can request approval via SMS for two people travelling together at the same time using one mobile phone.
I can confirm that you can get SMS approval for two people using the same mobile phone by making separate applications to the SMS number, one after the other, as I did it this morning.

Excellent news -surprising how many couples just have the one Cyprus mobile phone number, so this is very useful.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

We both used the SMS system this morning , down to Paphos, went Petz stuff, wanted to go to the Hellenic Bk put off by the number of people waiting, apparently CYTA now give you up to June to pay outstanding bills, then on to Alpha Mega for weeks shopping, saw a total of one police car and that was at Stroumbi