Daily Exercise

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Daily Exercise

Post by Lincoln »

I went out for my "daily Exercise (walk). Filled in the form correctly and put it in a plastic wallet. Then slipped my yellow slip in with it. Good to go. It was bliss. No traffic, no people and eerily silent Enjoyed it got a bit of a sweat up. Back home and had a Pint of Keo Shandy. Feet up. Shower when cooled. :D
All things are possible
Anarita John

Re: Daily Exercise

Post by Anarita John »

My usual walk, from Geroskipou Beach to Lighthouse Beach and back is obviously out of bounds. Also, I am not using my bike, even though the local roads and farm tracks are extremely quiet and it would be unlikely to see anyone.

This afternoon, as an experiment, I went for a walk around our house, down the drive then back up. Usually, 2400 steps for me equals a mile. Todays walk, recorded on Strava, 2900 steps equalled a mile. A bit boring, but, with the rest of today's mini walks, I have walked 5 miles without going out, and done 12000 steps already.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Lincoln wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:04 pm I went out for my "daily Exercise (walk). Filled in the form correctly and put it in a plastic wallet. Then slipped my yellow slip in with it. Good to go. It was bliss. No traffic, no people and eerily silent Enjoyed it got a bit of a sweat up. Back home and had a Pint of Keo Shandy. Feet up. Shower when cooled. :D
I don't think you are permitted to drive somewhere & then take a walk! From my understanding, it's supposed to be "in your neighbourhood". Correct me if I'm wrong.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

He didn't say he drove anywhere.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

mike strand2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:47 pm
Lincoln wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:04 pm I went out for my "daily Exercise (walk). Filled in the form correctly and put it in a plastic wallet. Then slipped my yellow slip in with it. Good to go. It was bliss. No traffic, no people and eerily silent Enjoyed it got a bit of a sweat up. Back home and had a Pint of Keo Shandy. Feet up. Shower when cooled. :D
I don't think you are permitted to drive somewhere & then take a walk! From my understanding, it's supposed to be "in your neighbourhood". Correct me if I'm wrong.

PLEASE READ THE STATEMENT IT SAY's WALK. I did not drive anywhere. :mrgreen:
All things are possible
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I was merely emphasising. Don't be so quick to jump down my throat
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

He wasn't. He was emphasising.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
kansas

Post by kansas »

We also went for a walk yesterday in the vicinity of our house. Luckily we have countryside behind us so we didn't see a soul, and the spring flowers were a joy to see.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Sorry but you can walk till kingdom come,,and it will keep you fit..But if weights your goal you will not out exercise a knife,fork & spoon....IE walk moderately for 2 miles get back and enjoy that well earned glass of wine,and the calories you have burned whilst walking are back on :(
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I’ve just been out for a brisk half hour walk, very local and on a quiet footpath with nice sea view, except that the visibility out to sea is rather murky at present. But the combination of exercise and fresh air is good to lift the spirits! And I enjoyed it.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It has gone just a little bit chilly now though. I have just been on my usual dog walk
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

There was a huge difference from yesterdays walk and today's. Yesterday very quiet and nearly deserted. Today cars racing past and crowds of people gathered. The police would have had a field day here in Chloraka. I had my mask on and kept well clear of the idiots.
All things are possible
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Lincoln,l
Where were the crowds of people in Chloraka standing today? I need to go out tomorrow. Would appreciate more info please with a view of avoiding them!

Dee
kansas

Post by kansas »

Wasn't it yesterday that the Cyprus Mail published an article by an 'expert' who said that Cyprus could be reaching its peak. Maybe this prompted some folks to assume that it was OK to go out now. Daft!