Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Recently I am doing some Yoga/QiGong at home to keep me more fit and found that video which was really mood-lifting for me. If you are able to dance like that, than you are more than fit. It is amazing that this girl can do that now after hip replacement surgery some years ago... and not to forget I loved the scenery...

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Dominic »

My internet is really chugging this morning but I shall have a look later. Glad to hear you are keeping fit. I am about to start my exercises. Week #2, so still bloody painful.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 am My internet is really chugging this morning but I shall have a look later. Glad to hear you are keeping fit. I am about to start my exercises. Week #2, so still bloody painful.
I am sure you will like the video, knowing that you was travelling to this part of the world when you was younger... amazing the scenery at the end of the video where she is dancing on the large rock....

By the way: after 2 weeks of certain workouts I am able to hold my balance, standing on one leg and swinging the other leg diagonal... :roll: try it!

Max
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Ouch! Watching this after recently breaking my spine (thoracic 10 and 11) sends even more waves of pain up my back. :) :) :)
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Over 70 and think your fit? Try this..Lie on your back and get up on your feet without using any part of your arms.Come on,be honest if you try it,let us know how you went on.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:34 am
Chaddy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 amOver 70 and think your fit? Try this..Lie on your back and get up on your feet without using any part of your arms.Come on,be honest if you try it,let us know how you went on.

I can never resist a challenge. Didn't think I would be able to do it, as my lower back and knees are not my best bits. But I did. Took about 8 secs the first time and 5 secs the second time. Wife looked askance when she came downstairs and found me lying on my back on the rug. She is not troubled with back or knee probs and goes for several km walks each day. But alas she could not do it. Yay! :lol:
Well done HIP..I,m not going to ask your age :o
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Hmm, tried it. BUT, due to a bad back and very dodgy hip unable to get up with use of arms. Well I had to have a go din ah.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Chaddy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am Over 70 and think your fit? Try this..Lie on your back and get up on your feet without using any part of your arms.Come on,be honest if you try it,let us know how you went on.
After twenty four hours of trying this, I think its time to give up and use my arms, :lol:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:13 am No need to resort to arms. From recent boasts I thought you had another member which might provide the leverage you need? :shock:
No way HIC , I save that for special occasions and when I'm pole vaulting, :lol:
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Back to the above video. I think it was quite professionally done as it was her first video using a drone which is not that easy to use in the beginning...
Also dancing in the sand is not easy either... I still can watch it several times a day, sound full blast and singing along (as nobody can hear me.. :lol: which changes my mood immediately.

Max
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Danke Max für das posten dieses schönen videa

I love it and, like you Max, have played it a few times, there is much to see in the video and I see different things each time I play it. I will look for more of her work, she moves well 🙂 X
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

aphrodite wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:19 pm Danke Max für das posten dieses schönen videa

I love it and, like you Max, have played it a few times, there is much to see in the video and I see different things each time I play it. I will look for more of her work, she moves well 🙂 X
Glad I am not alone with that. She is not even 30 years old but had already so much experience in her life, good and bad. She started 5 years old a career as ice dancer and as a teen she won several German and International prices. Later-on she was trainer for ice dance until they discovered a severe hip problem (hip dysplasia) and after several operations she was 6 month in a wheel-chair. Instead to give up she started lessons in dancing at the best Academy of Germany and went to competitions. After that she started to share her knowledge on YouTube....
Here her video collection..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCY9jS ... v0A/videos

Max