A different subject from you know what!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
daveg

A different subject from you know what!

Post by daveg »

Driving up the Polis road I couldn't help but notice a large disparity in petrol prices, ie 95 octane from €105.9- €119.9 per litre...wonder why?...
mike strand2

Re: A different subject from you know what!

Post by mike strand2 »

Perhaps the cartel has been broken. :D
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It's because old stock and new stock. I had heating oil delivered the other day and the delivery guy was saying they were having problems with deliveries from the distributer. The lower prices suggests those garages have had fresh deliveries.
All fuel in Cyprus is bought on the Spot Market as the refinery in Larnaca was shut down several years ago due to it being enveloped by urban growth.

Jim
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I’m sure that is true. But why is it that there are certain garages whose prices usually more expensive?
I’m thinking of the garages near the end of the motorway and the ones on the Polis Rd between the former Viofos and the Trimithousa traffic lights. While the ones along ‘Gasolene Alley in the old town are usually cheaper...
Dee

Dee
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Most probably for the same reason prices are different at different supermarkets.
Louise :)
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I would agree with Louise, different mark ups and possibly rents. It's like the price of fuel at motorway services in the UK is so much higher than those on A and B roads.

Jim