Post from UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
wilky

Post from UK

Post by wilky »

Any one know if there is any post from the UK as direct flights are ending soon?
DavidatLWH

Re: Post from UK

Post by DavidatLWH »

I don't think any post is coming in to Cyprus. My worry would be what happens to post in transit?

On the same theme, does anyone know if the usual couriers - DHL, UPS etc - are still flying in to Cyprus?
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

I posted a small parcel in the UK post office yesterday, I asked if they thought it would arrive in Cyprus soon and they told me the Royal mail had contracts with planes to fly them out, however she said, with the larger parcels with Parcel Force, they had been informed would only go by sea.

I will let you know if or when it arrives.

Gary.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Had a DHL small parcel arrive this week from the UK, so cargo jets maybe coming in?
Jim.
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

Lucky you Jim, I am expecting a parcel from Germany, by DHL. According the the tracker it arrived in Cyprus last Wednesday, but when I contacted DHL they said as it was a small parcel it had been sent to the Central Post Office. Who know when, if ever, I will get it!! 😟😟
memory man

Post by memory man »

Cyprus Post announced on Friday that postal services will be suspended for all countries for all services, except the Quickpost courier service.

https://in-cyprus.com/coronavirus-suspe ... -services/
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

memory man wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:00 am Cyprus Post announced on Friday that postal services will be suspended for all countries for all services, except the Quickpost courier service.
and Cyta bills evidently, as I got mine in the post this morning :lol:
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Spoke to DHL (in UK) this morning. They are flying into Cyprus as normal, with a two-day delivery on packages.
wilky

Post by wilky »

We got a letter from the UK yesterday 20/03/20 don't know when it was posted just says March.