Car insurance..a lesson learned ?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Car insurance..a lesson learned ?

Post by Chaddy »

Our other faithfull Honda was due for its fifteenth year of insurance renewal.Being the faithful loyal old devil I am ( or an idiot ) I have kept with the same company for the previous fourteen years.However I thought it time ( I,m a slow learner ) to go to a different company,,so far so good.
My regular insurer,s ( after fourteen years loyalty ) quoted 565 euros.The other insurers ( a well known company ) quoted 227 euros for the same cover.This is no exaggeration.
Yes I know what your thinking but I have checked and double checked everything.
All is well that ends well I thought until she who must be obeyed learned of this story.Sorry but I can,t put in print her reactions.
Hope this can save some of you reading this some brass :(
mike strand2

Re: Car insurance..a lesson learned ?

Post by mike strand2 »

Always shop around, but just remember not all insurers are the same when it comes to coughing up the cash when disaster strikes!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Ive been with Atlantic for over thirty years, not the cheapest, but in thirty years I have made three car accident claims, one building claim and a couple of holiday claims, payed up in full without a quibble, with the cars, I chose where I wanted the repair to take place, and they gave me a rental car without charge for the duration of the repair, I have the agents phone no, and can call him up any time , tell him the problem, and he takes over from that minute, peace of mind is worth alot more to us then saving a few euros.
J B

Post by J B »

WHL wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:08 am Ive been with Atlantic for over thirty years, not the cheapest, but in thirty years I have made three car accident claims, one building claim and a couple of holiday claims, payed up in full without a quibble, with the cars, I chose where I wanted the repair to take place, and they gave me a rental car without charge for the duration of the repair, I have the agents phone no, and can call him up any time , tell him the problem, and he takes over from that minute, peace of mind is worth alot more to us then saving a few euros.
Same with us .. but only made two claims .... but another pending!
J B
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

nholleran wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:21 pm Be good to know who Chaddy who your last insurance company was before you changed.
I would love to name them but would this get me in trouble :shock:
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

I don't see why you would be in trouble, it would just be comparing the prices for similar services like Cyta and say Holitec.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

It gets worse,,my old insurance company who I faithfully paid ( stupidly you may say ) my premiums to for fourteen years without question will not answere my emails requesting them to send me proof of my no claims details for my new insurance company,
Yes I may well name and shame them,,,,but let me calm down first.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Have you tried phoning them? They may be working with a skeleton staff and not monitoring emails.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Paul

Post by Paul »

We use Gan Direct Fully Comp €247 a year.
The other insurance company wanted over 400.
Paul

Post by Paul »

We have it valued at €6500 it's a 2007 Getz diesel from the uk when we came over.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Paul & Lesley wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:27 am We use Gan Direct Fully Comp €247 a year.
The other insurance company wanted over 400.
Unless itz like for like in every dept, you really cant compare