Hand Sanitizer

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dimsum

Hand Sanitizer

Post by dimsum »

Always keep hand sanitizer in bathrooms and was getting low, went to local kiosk and price was 9.99 euros, how can this be. :roll: dimsum
bmwx5

Re: Hand Sanitizer

Post by bmwx5 »

soap and water if used correctly if just as effective however some people feel more at ease using alcohol based products
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hand sanitisers do vary in price. I bought some from a pharmacy the other day which was abt €7, for a fairly small size. There was also a larger size available which would have been more.
Dee
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Well known to be a hoarder, :lol: I just checked how many of the antibacterial hand wash dispenser (300 ml, 1.99 Euro) from Lidl I still have and I am glad that the number is 12. For my single household that will be enough until Lidl will restock this item. (and don't ask how many loo rolls I have.... :)

Max
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Just bought Hand sanitizer from Paps on special offer €1.12 for a small bottle/dispenser.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I can only use old fashioned soap and water. The hand stuff makes my skin crack and split. It's weird, it looks like I have dipped them in acid. Not very strong acid, but enough to kill the top layer of skin. And it only affects my hands.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Dominic wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:35 pm I can only use old fashioned soap and water. The hand stuff makes my skin crack and split. It's weird, it looks like I have dipped them in acid. Not very strong acid, but enough to kill the top layer of skin. And it only affects my hands.
Psoriasis maybe !!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:21 pm
Dominic wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:35 pm I can only use old fashioned soap and water. The hand stuff makes my skin crack and split. It's weird, it looks like I have dipped them in acid. Not very strong acid, but enough to kill the top layer of skin. And it only affects my hands.
Well I certainly wouldn't try using it on any other delicate parts of the anatomy! :oops:
I meant it is fine on my arms, for instance. I wash my knackers in Chanel No5.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:02 pm
Well I certainly wouldn't try using it on any other delicate parts of the anatomy! :oops:
What a load of B/xs :lol:
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Soap is actually better than alcohol gels says Pall Thordarson in The Guardian newspaper.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... infectants
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

Dominic wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:02 pm
Have you tried Max Factor Knacker Lacquer - it adds a Lustre to your Cluster !
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
WHL

Post by WHL »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:11 pm Well known to be a hoarder, :lol: I just checked how many of the antibacterial hand wash dispenser (300 ml, 1.99 Euro) from Lidl I still have and I am glad that the number is 12. For my single household that will be enough until Lidl will restock this item. (and don't ask how many loo rolls I have.... :)

Max
Do you realise that for the virus not to be transferred, then others need to sanitise their hands too...hoarding sanitiser gels/ soaps isnt the best thing to do, in my opinion.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

WHL wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:14 pm
cyprusmax47 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:11 pm Well known to be a hoarder, :lol: I just checked how many of the antibacterial hand wash dispenser (300 ml, 1.99 Euro) from Lidl I still have and I am glad that the number is 12. For my single household that will be enough until Lidl will restock this item. (and don't ask how many loo rolls I have.... :)

Max
Do you realise that for the virus not to be transferred, then others need to sanitise their hands too...hoarding sanitiser gels/ soaps isnt the best thing to do, in my opinion.
Wait a minute WHL, i bought this particular antibacterial hand wash ca 6 month ago when it was available a short time at Lidl. From 20 i bought then, ( and I had still some in stock) I have still 12 left at the moment.... This type of soap is available at Lidl once every year as it is a special edition from CIEN! I hope you are not worried that I have also a stock of 12 Apfelstrudel frozen from Lidl from their last offer 2 month ago... :) By the way, my stock of dark chocolate 75% is also 12 at the mo. :lol:

Max
daveg

Post by daveg »

Didn't think Antibacterial's were effective....Sanitizers are...
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I know the Corona virus is serious but some of the comments on Face Book are so funny I have tears rolling down my face and my sides ache with laughing out loud.
The Max Factor was very good.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I read the most stupid dumb-ass comment I had ever seen on Twitter recently. Somebody was saying that they should abolish GDP.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Max
Wait a minute WHL, i bought this particular antibacterial hand wash ca 6 month ago when it was available a short time at Lidl. From 20 i bought then, ( and I had still some in stock) I have still 12 left at the moment.... This type of soap is available at Lidl once every year as it is a special edition from CIEN! I hope you are not worried that I have also a stock of 12 Apfelstrudel frozen from Lidl from their last offer 2 month ago... :) By the way, my stock of dark chocolate 75% is also 12 at the mo. :lol:

Max
Doesn't the chocolate go off?
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:12 pm
cyprusmax47 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Max
Doesn't the chocolate go off?
Expiring 23.11.2021, so nearly 2 years.......

Max
ast

Post by ast »

The chocolate does go off the shelves when Max is shopping. :lol:
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Going into Paps supermarket, Chloraka at lunchtime today, saw the little man at his table by the front doors, on the table was a large bottle of hand sanitiser and a box of surgical type latex gloves. What a good idea to offer customers who came unprepared these products to help reduce the amount of bacteria on surfaces and products inside the store. I hope that a lot of customers are using them to protect themselves as well.
Well done Paps!
Dee