Solar Debate breakaway Thread

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Andros

Solar Debate breakaway Thread

Post by Andros »

This is from a post on Facebook so now wary about photo-voltaic systems..... comments appreciated.

THIEVERY BY A MONOPOLISTIC GOVERNMENTAL INSTITUTION.

RECENTLY SPENT OVER 15000 EUROS TO SAVE PLANET AND MY POCKET BY INSTALLING PHOTO-VOLTAIC PANELS.

MY ACTUAL BILL 166 EUROS. THE REST IS FRAUD. 52.80 FOR USING THE GRID + 11.26 FOR ANCILLARY SERVICES (WHAT EVER THAT MEANS) 0.98 METER READING 4,76 SUPPLY OF ELECTRICITY (I PAYING 52.80 FOR USING THE GRID ELECTRICITY AND I THINK ELECTRICITY COMES IN & OUT THE SAME CABLE LINES).

PRODUCERS CHARGE (ME) 48,18 + PRODUCERS PUBLIC OBLIGATIONS (AM I DAMAGING THE ENVIRONMENT?) 1,91 .

I AM BEING PENALIZED FOR PRODUCING GREEN ENERGY WHICH AHK IS NOT & WOULD OTHERWISE BE FINED BY THE EU AND PASSING THE FINES ON TO US.

TOTAL METERING CHARGES - WHAT IS THIS 50.09.

CONCLUSION: I THE GREEN PRODUCER OF ENERGY WHO HAS PAID 15K TO SAVE MONEY,THE PLANET & FINES WHICH HAVE OTHERWISE BEEN PLACED ON AHK AS IT HAS NOT MET ITS RENEWABLE ENERGY REQUIREMENTS IS BEING PENALIZED BY AHK A GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION.

LETS SEE WHAT IT COST ME TO PRODUCE FREE SOLAR ENERGY: 52,80 + 11.26 + 0.98 + 4,76 + 50.09 = 119.89 + 26,78 (PRODUCERS RES & es FUND WHAT EVER THAT MEANS) TOTALING EURO 146.67.

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY AHK & THE GOVERNMENT IS TAXING UNJUSTIFIABLE SERVICES AT 19% VAT 69.53.

MAY BE WE SHOULD START CHARGING AHK VAT AS WE PRODUCE THE ENERGY OR EVEN BETTER USE THIER BILLING TECHNIQUES TO BILL THEM.

AHK HAD THE CAPABILITY OF CONVERTING TO GAS 20 YEARS AGO OR WHEN THE POWER STATION WAS DESTROYED WITH THE MARI EXPLOSION. THIS WOULD HAVE HALVED THEIR ENERGY COSTS BUT IT SEEMS THAT COMMISSIONS AS USUAL ARE STILL PRETTY GOOD ON OIL SALES AND THERE IS NOTHING EASIER THAN MILKING THE HERD (US) ONCE AGAIN.
Attachments
A305DD7B-96B5-472D-9764-D603F0A75464.jpeg
A305DD7B-96B5-472D-9764-D603F0A75464.jpeg (26.85 KiB) Viewed 1720 times
trevnhil

Re: My friend's pool temp. is only 11c, but he wants to swim...

Post by trevnhil »

Andros, you ask for comments.. I think there will be very few members who can be in the same situation as yourself, so they will not be able to compare bills.

If as you say you have spent over €15,000 it must be some large system, more than the average householder would have installed..
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Interesting one this, I saw the original Facebook post which also included the rest of the bill which I’ve just looked at again showed consumption of almost 4000kw in the billing period which is hug s o the final bill whilst significant, would be mahoosive without the net metering element. Given the scale of the system - 9.98kw system - The credit balance of units from the previous bill suggests that the system may not have been up and running since the start of the net meter calendar year and that it may well be that when the balances are reset any time now, and if this is the first full year, the savings will be significant. Either way, the owner is using a vast amount of electricity by the look of it.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Our two full bills since having our panels have both been the same, around €51. Our system is a 5kw one. In March we will not have any surplus units and will end up giving around 1500kw back to the eac. However, we are still on a learning curve as regards our net metering and were still frugal with our consumption for aircon in August and September. Also, we were not in Cyprus for as long in winter as we had planned.

I agree that the net metering charges are unreasonable and should be lower or non existent, and that customers should get back a discount for the units which disappear in March. Every customer with a roof should be encouraged to have solar panels fitted and every new house build should have them fitted as standard. It amazes me, when I go for walks along the front at Paphos, that hotels are having major work done on them, such as floors added, and yet no photovoltaic panels are being fitted. The new Louis hotel does have them but they are the exception.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Solar Debate breakaway Thread

Post by Dominic »

NB: I extracted this from Max's thread about his friend's pool.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.