He's At It Again!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

He's At It Again!

Post by Dominic »

Seriously doesn't qualify as a news story. Should really post this in the Jokes section but there you go...

https://in-cyprus.com/bishop-of-morphou ... nd-malice/

The Bishop of Morphou Neophytos said in a speech on Sunday during mass at the Nikitari village that Coronavirus is punishment for people’s sin and malice, according to philenews.

“People need to suffer in some way, through a disease for example. Scientists cannot find a cure, and they will have a very hard time finding one because this disease is the result of sin and malice between the grand powers and our own sin and malice,” he said.

“If two years have passed and no cure has been found and the disease spreads across the world — which is clearly what will happen — there will be no medicine. Doctors and nurses will have contracted the virus because they will be at the front line.

“Will nurses do their duty like the Saints did, or will they get frightened? Will we offer our dying brother a glass of water or will we isolate and abandon them like people do in China?

“Here is what it means to be a Christian: To be prepared to die for your God and your brother…and your country. To die for your brother is superior to dying for your country,” said the Bishop.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: He's At It Again!

Post by Dominic »

However...

https://in-cyprus.com/pope-postpones-of ... e-vatican/

Pope postpones official audiences but working from residence- Vatican

Pope Francis, who the Vatican says is still “slightly unwell,” has postponed all official audiences for Friday but is working from home.

The Vatican did not specify what the pope was suffering from. At his general audience on Wednesday he appeared to have a cold and spoke with a slightly hoarse voice, and he coughed during an afternoon Ash Wednesday service in a Rome church.

Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni said the 83-year-old pope had said early morning Mass as customary in the chapel of the guest house and greeted those who attended.

“But he thought it was best to postpone today’s official audiences. The meetings scheduled to take place in Santa Marta will take place regularly,” Bruni said, referring to the guest house where he lives.

Bruni said the pope was “slightly unwell”.

The pope was to have received executives from Microsoft, IBM and other technology companies and make a speech to them in the Vatican that was to have been streamed to a conference in Rome on the need for ethics in Artificial Intelligence.

The Vatican said on Thursday that the pope was suffering from a “slight indisposition.” On Thursday he cancelled a visit to a Rome basilica, where he was due to preside at a Lenten service with Rome priests.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

Sounds as if he is stuck in medieval times
josef k

Post by josef k »

I agree, total BS.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

If he's so concerned about the care of patients, maybe he should visit a few of them, to offer them a glass of water maybe ?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

This Bishop of Morphou is prone to making outlandish comments so his comments about the cause of the Corona Virus are in keeping with his character. Hopefully no one including little ladies in black will believe him!

The Pope on the other hand is an old man who probably just doesn’t feel well enough to take on all his normally busy schedule. I’m not one who shares his religious views, but I don’t think any one should make nasty comments about him either. He is usually very busy and unlike previous Popes lives very simply and frugally.
Dee
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Sorry Dee, you've lost me, where has anyone said anything nasty about the Pope ? I have read the previous posts, and I can't find anything.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.