Ooooops yet another

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
bmwx5

Ooooops yet another

Post by bmwx5 »

Yet another car goes over a roundabout on the TOTK road this mornings accident was at the Aspire school roundabout luckily missed the lamppost but still ended up in the school ground
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (146.84 KiB) Viewed 3910 times
WHL

Re: Ooooops yet another

Post by WHL »

Talking to a Cypriot neighbour of mine, who is clued up on legal matters, tells me that if you post pics / videos of bad parking etc, showing the no. Plates, then you run the risk of getting done by the police if the owner puts in a complaint, all to do with Cyprus privacy laws , be careful.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Which pub where you to get this info. :mrgreen:
All things are possible
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Think this is a bit more than bad parking and if you can read the plate number you have better eyesight than most people
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lincoln wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:21 am Which pub where you to get this info. :mrgreen:
Try listening to the local news, once in a while, traffic cameras were not allowed because of privacy concerns, if I remember correctly, laws need to be passed/ amended before traffic cameras can operate here, if you film someone/ post photos of them you can be in breach of privacy laws.
Last edited by WHL on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHL

Post by WHL »

bmwx5 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:29 am Think this is a bit more than bad parking and if you can read the plate number you have better eyesight than most people
I was talking generally, not specifically about this photo,
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lincoln wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:21 am Which pub where you to get this info. :mrgreen:
The Pub I got this from, is the Cyprus press and information office, google it :roll:

Authorization for photographing / filming in Cyprus
There is no restriction in regard to photographing / filming people, shops etc. in Cyprus, as long as you get permission from the appropriate person. However, bear in mind that if you are planning to photograph / film within the Larnaka and Pafos International airports, the Larnaka and Limassol ports and the military zones, including the demarcation line, or photograph / film antiquities or photograph / film from the air or under the sea, you will need to obtain authorization from the following competent authorities:

Archaeological sites: Authorization is needed from the Department of Antiquities.
Military zones, including the demarcation line: Authorization is needed, well in advance, from the Ministry of Defense. Specific dates, times and locations are necessary. Some locations are prohibited.
By air: Authorization is needed from the Department of Civil Aviation.
Underwater: Authorization depends on the location (i.e. ports, archaeological sites).
boycott

Post by boycott »

WHL quoted - There is no restriction in regard to photographing / filming people, shops etc. in Cyprus, as long as you get permission from the appropriate person.

However in this case the picture is of a vehicle and NOT filming a person, shop etc.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

This privacy law seems to need sorting out as in its present form it is somewhat nebulous.
The point to posting this photo isn’t so much about identity, but it shows how inadequate this little roundabout is. There isn’t even a sign before the roundabout warning drivers going towards Coral Bay that the dual carriageway is about to end and two,lanes are merging suddenly into one. There must be lots of accidents and near misses here as a result.
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

boycott wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:50 am WHL quoted - There is no restriction in regard to photographing / filming people, shops etc. in Cyprus, as long as you get permission from the appropriate person.

However in this case the picture is of a vehicle and NOT filming a person, shop etc.
Its someones property, and by identifying the reg plate, you are placing them at a particular place at a particular time, something which infringes on their privacy, according to Cypriot law.
memory man

Post by memory man »

WHL wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:10 am

The Pub I got this from, is the Cyprus press and information office, google it :roll:

I thought you got the info from a neighbour who knows about legal matters!!
WHL

Post by WHL »

memory man wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:20 am
WHL wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:10 am

I thought you got the info from a neighbour who knows about legal matters!!
Initially I did, but I found and posted a link to back up what I was saying, you got any more pointless questions :roll:
boycott

Post by boycott »

WHL wrote - Its someones property, and by identifying the reg plate, you are placing them at a particular place at a particular time, something which infringes on their privacy, according to Cypriot law.

A registration plate identifies a vehicle NOT a person.
WHL

Post by WHL »

boycott wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 am WHL wrote - Its someones property, and by identifying the reg plate, you are placing them at a particular place at a particular time, something which infringes on their privacy, according to Cypriot law.

A registration plate identifies a vehicle NOT a person.
Belonging to that person, it is what it is , if you are interested, google Cyprus privicy/ data laws its all there. Dont shoot the messenger.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Sorry WHL you are the one arguing the Cyprus privacy laws.

Re the registration plate how do you explain company vehicles?
WHL

Post by WHL »

boycott wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:51 am Sorry WHL you are the one arguing the Cyprus privacy laws.

Re the registration plate how do you explain company vehicles?
What is so hard to understand, you need the permission of the owner be it a shop or car to post photos of them

Authorization for photographing / filming in Cyprus
There is no restriction in regard to photographing / filming people, shops etc. in Cyprus, as long as you get permission from the appropriate person.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Have a look at https://allaboutlimassol.com/en/skiing- ... SnOqFRe1Lg

That shows many people skiing in Troodos and I suspect that the photographer didn't chase after all the skiers to get their permission!
So have all about Limassol broken the law?
Are the webcams that are in Cyprus breaking the law?
WHL

Post by WHL »

boycott wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:25 pm Have a look at https://allaboutlimassol.com/en/skiing- ... SnOqFRe1Lg

That shows many people skiing in Troodos and I suspect that the photographer didn't chase after all the skiers to get their permission!
So have all about Limassol broken the law?
Are the webcams that are in Cyprus breaking the law?
You are missing the point, if one of them skiers, sees their photo on social media and takes offence, then in Cyprus law they can take action. 99.99 % of people will not give a hoot about being photographed, but if it was to compromise someone, then you could find yourself in trouble if they took the legal route.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

As a person who never likes to be photographed I tend not to support many events because there's usually someone making a general video or taking photographs - OK it's advertising the particular event, but I don't want the fact I am there to be advertised on social media.