Paphos is filled with American "Black Hawks"

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Paphos is filled with American "Black Hawks"

Post by memory man »

Intense mobilization on the part of both the US and French armed forces has been observed in the Paphos skyline in recent days.

Yesterday afternoon in the area of ​​Timi from 4:45 to 5:30 pm on several occasions (more than ten) people recorded with their cell phones cameras American Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk type helicopters and Boeing CH-47 Chinook.

afosPress.com reports that Americans are moving too often from Andreas Papandreou Airbase to Akamas, and particularly to the area of ​​the British-operated firing range, but the mobilization was more intense yesterday afternoon.

In addition to the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk at the Base at about the same time, two Boeing CH-47 Chinooks arrived and in the morning the National Guard conducted a joint exercise with the French Armed Forces and Rafale fighter jets "skied" in the sky.

In the PafosPress.com video that follows the truth:

WHL

Re: Paphos is filled with American "Black Hawks"

Post by WHL »

Cyprus along with Greece are having closer defence ties, with the USA, and France, so it follows you will see more of this.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

A military exercise a day
Keeps the Turks at bay
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Ams

Post by Ams »

It's not fun when you have chinooks flying over your house most days (luckily I miss most of it as I'm at work), sometimes so low the whole house shakes and rattles...
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Ams wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:12 pm It's not fun when you have chinooks flying over your house most days (luckily I miss most of it as I'm at work), sometimes so low the whole house shakes and rattles...
We're on the direct route into the airport for both military and fire fighting helicopters and can't say it bothers us.

Jim
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

They were flying very low over us yesterday.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

They fly over my house too, but it doesn’t worry me. The noise is here and then gone. I am more concerned with the sustained noise made by power drills, angle grinders, sledge hammers etc as in demolition work which sometimes lasts for ages.

Aircraft noise doesn’t last very long when an aircraft over flies a built up area,

Dee
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I hear them too. But will it make any difference to the Turkish insistence to drill in the EEZ?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

mouse wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:10 pm Killi01 , on the thread of irritating noise , the beep beep jcbs make when reversing, I understand Safety BUT, is it necessary to hear it 2 km away,,,grrrrrrrr
On a job I was on in Abu Dhabi a road roller reversed over one of the labourers, not a pretty sight. It transpired the driver had disconnect the reverse alarm because it was annoying him and the labourer with his ear defenders on never hearsd it until too late.
There's generally a method in the madness.

Jim
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Filled with Black Hawk Helicopters ..All two of them lol :lol:
All things are possible