Caroline Flack RIP - found dead at 40

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
71 Trans Am

Caroline Flack RIP - found dead at 40

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Caroline Flack - found dead at 40
Ex-Love Island host Caroline Flack has been found dead in her London flat aged 40.
The Sun claims that she took her own life.
She was due to face trial in March over allegations that she had assaulted her boyfriend, which she denied.
A family statement read: "We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today on the 15th February
71 Trans Am

Re: Caroline Flack RIP - found dead at 40

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Food for Thought -

Noel Clarke
@NoelClarke

There are people that think attacking others on twitter or other social media platforms make's them powerful. That bombarding people with insults, gifs, memes, talking about their family, their children is harmless. It's not. There are consequences. RiP #CarolineFlack

Ayesha Hazarika
@ayeshahazarika

If your tweeting your sadness about Caroline Flack, also think about your own behaviour. When you tweet abuse & hate at people, most who you don’t even know, because it’s a laugh, or it makes your feel good for a second - just take a moment to think where that may lead.
6:11 pm • 15 Feb 2020•Twitter for iPhone
WHL

Post by WHL »

Sad and such a waste
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I'd never heard of her, but I assume she was some reality celeb. I also assume there will be the usual wringing of hands by sections of the public, eager to blame the media while just as eager to buy the media to find out what the next bit of gossip is.

I don't think fame is ever worth the price people pay for it.

It is sad, and it is a waste. There is no real point in looking for a scapegoat though, as today's scapegoat is tomorrow's potential suicide victim. All any of us can do is stop buying into the fallacy that celebrity matters. If we find other things to occupy our minds with then this sort of thing won't happen.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

[quote=Dominic post_id=106572 time=1581863293 user_id=157]
I'd never heard of her, but I assume she was some reality celeb. I also assume there will be the usual wringing of hands by sections of the public, eager to blame the media while just as eager to buy the media to find out what the next bit of gossip is.

I don't think fame is ever worth the price people pay for it.

It is sad, and it is a waste. There is no real point in looking for a scapegoat though, as today's scapegoat is tomorrow's potential suicide victim. All any of us can do is stop buying into the fallacy that celebrity matters. If we find other things to occupy our minds with then this sort of thing won't happen.
Great post Dom Im with you on that
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Posted it wrong on back of your comment sorry. But as I said great post mate
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

There is a lot of talk about reality TV but she had a varied career including as a CBBC children’s TV presenter, a winner of Strictly Come Dancing, presenter of Ex Factor, I’m a Celebrity and 2 seasons as a presenter of Love Island.

It’s just very sad whatever the real reason.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

So very sad that she thought that this action was her only salvation 😢 her family must be totally devastated

She was a very worthy winner of Strictly Come Dancing in 2014 and was so happy to pick up the glitter ball with Pacha

RIP Caroline
OldTimer

Post by OldTimer »

If it had been a male charged with domestic viokence no doubt many people woulod be demanding he go to jail , no doubt the CPS had good evidence to bring a case agaisnt this femaile