Mind tonight... cold night ahead...!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Mind tonight... cold night ahead...!

Post by cyprusmax47 »

It could me the coldest night this winter....

Max
aphrodite

Re: Mind tonight... cold night ahead...!

Post by aphrodite »

Thank you for the warning Max, will stay at home and wrap up well :D
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have all the curtains closed in the lounge and bedroom. Outside it is 4.5c inside it is 21.3c But we have had the heating on for an hour about 5pm
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

No need for warnings just go outside and see, it is as cold here as we can remember, at 6am the dog and me went up the road but neither of us wanted to stay longer, boy is it cold. 2c at this moment, but the sun is on it's way up....
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It was -2c at 6am here with ice on a small pool
Trev..
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Trev, you must be in a cold spot. At 7am it was 2C here with no sign of frost that I could see without setting foot outside.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Slept well all cosy. Electric blanket on so got into a warm bed. The room heater on as well. Woke up to a nice mildly warm room.
All things are possible
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Lincoln wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:38 am Slept well all cosy. Electric blanket on so got into a warm bed. The room heater on as well. Woke up to a nice mildly warm room.
You sound as snug as a bug in a rug as my Mum used to say...............and so was I ! I ventured out at 6.30 this morning to let the cat out (who very quickly did her business and flew back in) and took this photo of the moon. Not up to your standard Max, but couldn’t resist taking a pic - was it a full moon?
Attachments
14F85B98-E487-47E1-A94F-09A14A6AD1DF.jpeg
14F85B98-E487-47E1-A94F-09A14A6AD1DF.jpeg (60.34 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

PW in Polemi wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:33 am Trev, you must be in a cold spot. At 7am it was 2C here with no sign of frost that I could see without setting foot outside.
We still have Ice on the little children's paddling pool... And what a morning for the C H boiler not to come on :-( But it was only Error 10E that was showing :-) Just a little more water in the system cured that. But with the heating now on it is a good excuse to stay in bed until it warms up a bit ;-)
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We had a frosty garden. Plus a small puddle of water on top of the jacuzzi cover was frozen. Biggest clue was a glass of water that was frozen solid though.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

1.4°C at 06:42 this morning here at nearly 300 m altitude (certified weather station). Now 5.4°C at 09:48 and the wind is starting to get up, so we'll have a wind chill, to boot!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Minus 3c at midnight, is the temperature forecast for Polemi this evening . At the time of posting it is +3.3c
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You can stand outside and measure it Trev. I shall be tucked up in bed. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Brass monkeys :shock:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Dominic wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:14 pm You can stand outside and measure it Trev. I shall be tucked up in bed. :)
Ha ha, I don't go out to look at the thermometer. We have one of those that send a continuous radio signal to a unit inside :-) We have got ice on the little pool again this morning :-(
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Here in the middle of the island at nearly 300 m altitude, it went down to -0.6°C at 06:46 this morning, not as bad as forecast but still brrrrrr!
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

We arrived on Saturday from a mild and sunny North Wales 10c when we left for Manchester Airport and experienced the calm before storm Ciara. We were warned on the flight that there were high winds of 40kmph in Paphos but by the time we landed the wind had dropped to below 20kmph.

House was cold as there was no heat on and we do not have the luxury of Hive here. However, I was surprised that it was as high as 13c inside.
Two aircon units in the main living and dining area and one on in our bedroom, then down to Londis Perasma Taverna for a delicious meal. When we returned the house was lovely and warm.

It is our first winter with our solar panels and we are finding the new, Dual Inverter aircon units which Greenair fitted brilliant at heating our living area quickly on Turbo and then maintaining a comfortable temperature when put to a lower fan setting. Also they are so quiet that you do not notice them. At the moment our electric bills are €50.29 for a two month period (all net metering charges) and we have enough units stored to see us through till March, when surplus units disappear and we start again.

Our house is not insulated like Trevor's but it retains heat quite well. Last night it was around 3c outside and, with no heating on after we went to bed, it only dropped 4c in 8 hours.

A busy day today. Rosemary had her hair done at Avs(Revolution) whilst I went for a walk. Tourists in shorts and sandals and locals all wrapped up. Wind cold at first and temperature around 10c, but a lovely, sunny clear day. Then shopping at Lidl and Alpha Mega. When we got back house was still 14c with no heat on.