Immersion heater, recommendations, please

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Immersion heater, recommendations, please

Post by Kili01 »

Hi All,
My immersion heater has just stopped working. Do I need to buy a new hot water tank or just a new heater unit? If so which make and hopefully someone who can fit as soon as possible, please?

Would be pleased to get some helpful info on this, please?

Thanks.
Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Immersion heater, recommendations, please

Post by Devil »

New heater, any plumber who services where you live. Make sure it's a stainless steel unit. Have you checked the fuse in your heater circuit? May be in your switch unit.
memory man

Post by memory man »

I would give Chris a call..

Number for Chris @ CS Services is 99160667

I'm sure he is located in Kissonerga.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

One Stop used to stock SS emersions and try Erenco in the Bus Station car park.

Jim
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Had one fitted recently at a cost of 70 euros ,do not know if it was stainless steel . Always use Nick at Kissonerga, Tel.99009798.
Lefkes.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

nholleran wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:52 pm How much are they roughly only asking as I would bring some over for anyone who wants them at the cost they as I am sending a car over so not a problem you would have to come and collect though if this helps anyone.
I do hope that your car will be in a container and not on the RoRo. I know people who loaded there car and boot with possessions on the RoRo. When it eventually arrived many items where missing.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lincoln wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:17 am
nholleran wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:52 pm How much are they roughly only asking as I would bring some over for anyone who wants them at the cost they as I am sending a car over so not a problem you would have to come and collect though if this helps anyone.
I do hope that your car will be in a container and not on the RoRo. I know people who loaded there car and boot with possessions on the RoRo. When it eventually arrived many items where missing.
Do not put anything in the car, I can guarantee, it will be nicked, the only thing we left in the boot was a fuel tank, and jumper leads and they went missing, our shippers, Andrews told us stripping the contents is a common thing.
Last edited by WHL on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHL

Post by WHL »

nholleran wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:36 am WHL.
That maybe your experience, I brought one over last October with no problems, the reason for this is it goes in a secure container and I was told by the shipping company I could putting things in as long as it was safe to drive, It was not a RoRo.
No one is talking about a secure container, of course nothing will be stolen if the cars locked up in a container, the problem is when people send a car over, and fill it up with house hold goods, not my experience but the majority who send cars over, my shipper even took a picture of the radio, and stuck it to the windscreen, warning would be thieves that, the radio was in the car, so dont nick.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Tanny wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:43 pm These elements are easy to self fit. Just make sure you are turned off at the mains and keep everything dry!! The hardest bit is to source the stupid size spanner to make it work.
All good DIY store sell the spanner for element fitting
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Thanks for all your replies. It was the element that needed to be replaced. Tryfonas, the plumber arrived soon after I called him and had all necessary kit on his truck to do this.So it was done with no fuss before lunch time today.
A big relief, am hoping to have a hot shower before bed time!

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

nholleran wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:19 pm WHL.I never mentioned about secure container DID i a only offered if someone wanted me to bring one over for them as I am bring a car over OK.

That maybe your experience, I brought one over last October with no problems, the reason for this is it goes in a secure container and I was told by the shipping company I could putting things in as long as it was safe to drive, It was not a RoRo.

It reads to me thast it ws going to be in a secure container?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Listen, it is good advice not to send a car over unless it is in a sealed container, but that has nothing to do with this thread, so please you two, either continue your debate on a separate thread or let it rest.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.