Waiting for your MEU3 to arrive from Nicosia?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Waiting for your MEU3 to arrive from Nicosia?

Post by galexinda »

Just read this on a FB group - may be worth a go if your MEU3 Yellow Slip is taking longer than usual to arrive in the post from Nicosia:

You can text to 1199, write status and the application number from your application receipt. You will receive a text message back letting you know what stage your application is at.

EG: Status 123456/2019 EU-12345

You will then get a return text eg “application examined & approved. You will soon get an official response by mail”
galexinda

Re: Waiting for your MEU3 to arrive from Nicosia?

Post by galexinda »

If all else fails, then a visit to the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia is probably the answer. Very helpful staff and all sorted very quickly.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I have tried three times to do this and it came back with no information / invalid format.
Ca you explane the numbers in a bit more detail please.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Sorry, unable to help but have read a few posts on FB that people have updates to their MEU3 application using this method, but only receive a general SMS message similar to the one in the original post. Other people are applying for a copy to be posted, but not sure how they are doing this.

If you are waiting for MEU3 in order to access GESY healthcare system you will want to receive the MEU3 Yellow Slip soon after the interview at Immigration in order to proceed with registration.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Just had a reply that my application "is under examination by the relevant section".

Fingers crossed.

Alan
emgee

Post by emgee »

Paul and Lesley

I used the numbers on the receipt form, having previously been rejected using numbers on the application form!

Good luck

Alan
Paul

Post by Paul »

problem sorted thanks Alan.
:D
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

An edited post from someone on FB who used text message system to chase up their MEU3 and subsequently obtained a copy from the Immigration Office

''came back that my permit is valid so must have been lost in the post''.

''Did you just go to the reception at immigration and they gave you a new copy?''

''Yes we went to reception. Showed him the messages and receipt. He checked on his computer and then told us to go to the court to get a ' paper' turns out that was an Affadavit.

When you go through main door at court, turn to the left and you will see a desk. Went there and only said Immigration sent......and she immediately gave me form to fill in and told us where to go for stamps ( right of main door). Then went back to her and she stamped and signed it.

Then back to Immigration where told to get a number as everything is done by numbers now (ie people cannot be seen without a number). Once inside explained the situation, paper checked with original receipt and copies were done. No problem getting the copies''.