Trumps Middle East plan

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Trumps Middle East plan

Post by WHL »

Just been reading about Trumps Middle East Peace Plan, and it beggars belief, The plan’s chief architect, Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushnerso who is Jewish, so bias in Israels favour, how on Earth did this fool ever think the Palestinians would consider it, to me it seems like, I go and take over your house, and if you are a good boy, I might let you continue living in the outhouse bog, good luck with that one Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... lestinians
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Trumps Middle East plan

Post by Devil »

Trump+Netanyahu are the most destabilising factors in the ME and, consequently, the world.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It is a bloody silly settlement. Like saying Scotland can have independence provided they all move to the Shetlands.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Trump is a disaster whee diplomacy is concerned! Just be thankful that Boris has too much going on at home to be taking much interest in foreign affairs...

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

It is not a plan, it is a disaster in the making. IMHO, Israel should be confined to the 1948 settlement plans, which were the only ones approved by the UN. Where is the UN and its SC hiding today?
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Tanny wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:08 am The man seems dead set on a war in the middle east. You can bet you're bottom dollar the easy majority of Americans have no idea what or where he is proposing.
Sorry Tanny,i would not bet " your bottom dollar " I spend a lot of time in America and can assure you the average American DOES know whats going on....from the horses mouth ;)
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I 100% believe in Israel being a state, but not it’s politics, verging on a tactic to eradicate non-Jewish people from the entire Palestine region, including Muslim, Coptic and other Arabs. I would guarantee 100% that 99% of US citizens do not know that Coptic Christians are Arabs, manny living in Gaza.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I too have spent along time in the states, as I have close family there, and believe me the general population is as thick as ..... where it comes to World politics.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

My husband used to work for a UK subsidiary for a company in the USA and had to attend a senior management meeting in Chicago.

Each manager had to do a presentation and when asked which area he managed he replied 'The Middle East'.

The next question was 'Whereabouts exactly is that in the USA?''

His reply: ''Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain and The Gulf States''.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I would agree that the average US citizen is pig-ignorant of anything outside the country and probably inside, as well. I met one technician, supposedly educated, in Boston MA who commented on my accent and I said that it was from England (not true, but near enough). He replied asking whether England was in MA or possibly NH! I tried to explain that it was part of Europe and he just looked completely blank. I gave up!!! :twisted: :twisted:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Ive visited the states from top to bottom, and when asked where do you live, I reply Cyprus, normally get a blank look,but now and again someone will say O yes Cyprus California, once someone asked me if the UK was in London?
Varky

Post by Varky »

The tragedy of all this is that these people are relied upon to elect the most 'powerful' person in the world. We're doomed.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

The big red button. :?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

What ever,,i,m just glad the the Americans are on our side.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Termites Dream wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:07 am Arab League have now rejected the plan at a meeting in Cairo. This means that the only supporter in the region is Israel.

An agreement of one.
It beggers belief, that they thought that anyone would even consider such a one sided plan, **** for brains comes to mind.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Not all young Amaricans are ignorant to other countries whereabouts.

David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:32 am :lol: :lol: :lol: Pretty much bears out what I said earlier.

But it beggars belief that one of them couldn't identify America :shock:
What would happen if you stood in Grimbsy High St and asked people to identify States of America?

And I picked Grimsby at random, before anybody asks. :)

However, I would expect everybody to at least know where GB was.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Chaddy wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:46 pm What ever,,i,m just glad the the Americans are on our side.
Let's get it clear, the Americans are only on one side, their own. They deem that everybody else has been put on earth to serve their interests.