Anybody waiting for a parcel?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
tonee

Anybody waiting for a parcel?

Post by tonee »

Hi
Read on a facebook forum that someone went to Anavargos post office and was allowed to search for a parcel.She went upstairs where apparently there were hundreds of parcels waiting to be sorted,also she stated that she had never seen so many Amazon parcels in her life.
Kili01

Re: Anybody waiting for a parcel?

Post by Kili01 »

The situation regarding the sorting of Christmas parcels seems to get worse each year. Yet no one in officialdom seems to be interested.It’s disgraceful.Post Office staff get a long holiday over Christmas and New Year which may be part of the reason. But from what you say, it doesn’t sound as if they feel motivated to sort them out when they return to work. I was lucky this year as both of my Christmas parcels must have been posted really early.
Dee
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

We posted Xmas cards for our friends the 1st week of December, and they still haven't arrived
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I got all my Christmas and Birthday stuff ok, and have had no issues receiving packages in January that were ordered in January.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have had two missing Amazon shipments lost over the holiday period, one was from Amazon De the other was from Amazon UK, having made enquiries at the main post office both have been returned to the senders, why? well the system at the office looks overloaded and the staff seem to be rather clueless, they need to sort this out as many of us now shop online.

If you do use Amazon my advice is pay for the faster shipping service, it will cost you though, ordered a new Co2 and fire detector yesterday and it will arrive tomorrow via UPS at my door, but it does make buying on the Net very expensive.
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Alternatively have it sent over by RSS or LHUKCY. Obviously this might not apply to an urgent item like a smoke detector, but for non-essential items like gardening supplies etc, and stuff that can't ship by plane, like camera batteries, it is very useful, and very cheap.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

JimX

Post by JimX »

hear hear mouse.....
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

My problem is my local post office in Tala . They have had two of my parcels sat on a shelf since December , I have called in a few times and they say nothing for you .

So I have used the on line service to ask where my parcels are , today I called in and guess what , magically they found my parcels .

Obviously only of use if you have a tracking number .

https://www.cypruspost.post/en/contact
Polly

Post by Polly »

I used this service in January having not had any post for five weeks. Didn't have a tracking number. Got a phone call back eventually, after having sent two emails. Post turned up next day.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

All I can do is give three cheers to the Polemi Postal Service. Nick, and it is always Nick,no matter who wears the cap, does a great job. I get a text whenever a parcel arrives that's too big to go in my PO Box, and I haven't had anything go missing. Even normal-postage Amazon items tend to arrive ahead of schedule.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Like Dominic I admire the postman in our village of Polemi.. I wish my Amazon parcels arrived ahead of time. They are usually late sometimes by a week or two, but it is certainly not the fault of the local postman
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Can you see yours ? They have them ....somewhere . ;)
Attachments
BB50CB53-7906-4BBA-B9D3-29A8918FAD0E.jpeg
BB50CB53-7906-4BBA-B9D3-29A8918FAD0E.jpeg (201.3 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

No wonder they are not being delivered... All the names and addresses have been blacked out ;-) ;-)
Trev..
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:14 pm No wonder they are not being delivered... All the names and addresses have been blacked out ;-) ;-)
They do that so they have the excuse to not deliver them! ;-) ;-)