Title deeds description?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Title deeds description?

Post by Chaddy »

When title deeds to a property are described as " available " does this mean you actually have them full and clear in your possession.Or does it mean there is no problem with them its just that you have to go through a song and dance and cost to get them? How would they be described if you had them in your possession :?
Anarita John

Re: Title deeds description?

Post by Anarita John »

Thankful. A huge weight and worry off our shoulders. We just hope that the other purchasers from our developer get theirs soon as it is a huge worry for them.

However, when a property is for sale, with Title Deeds available, it often means that the present owner has not bothered to pay for them and the new owner will have to. Always check, using an honest lawyer, whether there are any memos on the deeds.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Don't buy without your brief checking the Title Deeds first. Caveat emptor.

Alan
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

If the owner of the property HAD the title deeds in His and or Her possession the property would be described as 'With Full Title Deed' ... The fact that they are available seems to be as Anarita John has said, they are available to purchase... But you have to wonder why the property owner/s have not got them in their possession..
Trev..
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Could be for a variety of reasons. Maybe their move to Cyprus did not go according to plan and they have not got the cash available to pay for them.

We were very lucky with ours as there were no memos on our deeds, even though our developer had taken out a mortgage on our land prior to us signing our contract, which our original Paphos based solicitor failed to inform us about. We had expected that contractors who had worked for him and were owed money, would have put memos on the deeds.
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Title deeds are not handed from sellers to new owners, lawyer will go to the Land Registry to update the deeds in the new owners names. Only takes a month or two if title deeds are available. Appreciate this is different to developers having them and the grief this causes buyers.
clive of payia

Post by clive of payia »

I advised a friend moving out here to proceed cautiously when considering buting a property with the misleading "TD's Available" description to only view the property if the owner agreed to have the original copy of the TD document, with the selling owners name on it, on the kitchen table for inspection. I gave him a photocopy of my full TD's for comparison. Wow, didn't the sales language then change.

I further advised that if he wished to proceed with the purchase of a property with the TD's Available, or still in the developers name, immediately knock 20K off the price, or better still pass it by.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Thanks for all the interest in my original post.The reason I asked my question was that our family are selling two apartments.We have put them in the hands of a very well known agents.So far so good.However they have put on their website some excellent photos ( so far so good again ) but they have decribed them of having " title deeds available " when we have full and unencumbered deeds and have given them copies.
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

The villa we bought was described as 'title deeds available'. When we asked what that meant we were told that all the properties they sold had full title deeds and they conduct due diligence prior to listing. Sure enough when we made the offer and completed the transaction title deeds were not problem and they are now safely in our name. The agent selling the villa we bought was West Coast,
ast

Post by ast »

Chaddy, if it was my property then i would prefer the agent advertised it as Trev said, With Full Title Deed, that tells me the property comes with the deads end of story. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !