S1 form

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

S1 form

Post by Mrblobby »

I have changed address recently , so I requested new S1 forms for me and my wife .

They now ask for some extra information .

Dear Mr Blobby

Thank you for your letter dated 18/11/2019.

To process your application for an S1 we need further information. Please provide the following details:

Full name
Date of birth
National Insurance (NI) number
Contact number and email address

Please also answer the following questions:

· What date did you move to Cyprus?
· Are you being paid a UK State Pension, or will you be within the next four weeks?
· If so, when did you start to be paid your UK State Pension, or when will it start to be paid?
· Are you being paid a state pension from the country you are moving to?
· Are you being paid a state pension from any other EU/EEA country or Switzerland?
· If so, which countries are paying you a state pension?
· What is your address in Cyprus?

I thought this might be useful for anyone renewing their S1 .
Cactuslil

Re: S1 form

Post by Cactuslil »

I would have thought you could have changed the address at Citizens Advice. We have just received our new S1s by post from Nicosia & were really impressed as the old ones were valid to Jan 31st.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Cactuslil wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 am I would have thought you could have changed the address at Citizens Advice. We have just received our new S1s by post from Nicosia & were really impressed as the old ones were valid to Jan 31st.
I am talking about the S1 from the U.K. , you are supposed to notify them of any changes , I think you are talking about your medical card , I know a lot of people refer to it as an S1 .
Attachments
53FFD8A6-25D9-4E7D-BFEA-008932C3C5DE.jpeg
53FFD8A6-25D9-4E7D-BFEA-008932C3C5DE.jpeg (187.98 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Must admit we have never updated the address on the S1 form as it has no expiry date and was exchanged for the Cyprus Medical Card a few years ago.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

galexinda wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:07 pm Must admit we have never updated the address on the S1 form as it has no expiry date and was exchanged for the Cyprus Medical Card a few years ago.
That’s why I did my previous post. The old E121 became S1 & that’s the medical card now. When joining Gesy we were asked for S1 & it was the medical card that was photo copied.
Varky

Post by Varky »

The S1 is not the medical card but is one of the documents needed to get the medical card. The S1 comprises a couple(?) of A4 sheets of paper and is in fact a letter from the Pensions Service in UK to an individual. The medical card is a much smaller card that folds in two and originates from somewhere in Cyprus. This medical card may cover both spouses.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Correct but on the medical card it says E121. Totally confused but happy that it all seems to work ok.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Just looked on Gesy , and needed to also update my address , it’s amazing how many places you have to update once you move ! Oh well I will get there in the end . :D
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Everyone needs to know where to send the bills to
Trev..