Parents of alleged Ayia Napa gang rape victim feel optimistic

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
71 Trans Am

Re: Parents of alleged Ayia Napa gang rape victim feel optimistic

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Video Update

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I have no opinion on a matter where I do not have facts. If a miscarriage was done, then there are procedures to deal with it, right up to Supreme Court of the EU.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

It’s far from over 🧐
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Les Bean wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:42 pm
Dominic wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:43 pm
WHL wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:34 am What everyone should remember, before putting their own spin and bias on this, the events that happened in that room, were recorded by many of the people there on their phone cameras, the police had everyone's phone looked at, and they could see, and hear what actually happened.
Yes, armchair detectives do more harm than good in cases like this.
That may be so, but for the Foreign Office to publicly query the court's procedures and decision is indicative of the concerns people have of the justice system here
So let the appeal take its course. Nothing good ever comes from idle speculation.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I dont think the UK are the best people to give advice on Rape case's,

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50812810

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/ju ... land-wales
WHL

Post by WHL »

Les Bean wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:34 am
WHL wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:15 am I dont think the UK are the best people to give advice on Rape case's,

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50812810

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/ju ... land-wales
The judge emphasised this was not a rape case. It is most unusual for the UK government to publicly query another country's fairness of the judicial system I thnk
I think you will find that the UK, often questions other countries fairness were judicial cases are concerned, in in my opinion, the UK isnt in a position to criticise others where Rape cases are concerned, Rape cases in the UK are in a terrible state, No one commentating on this case, were present when the alleged offence happened, most on here are just spinning it to suit their own agenda, I doubt if the people on here crying injustice, would of raised an eyebrow, had this lady been from another country, the Police had video evidence on what happened in that room, taken by quite a few people there, unfortunately you get organisations like fair trails abroad, and women's rights jumping on the band wagon etc, to suit their aims, as for all the people calling for a boycott of Cyprus, I would say look a bit closer to home re rape before calling for boycotts.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Today’s Daily Fail is already for the headline and story of the”truth” about the case - and gives only that the girl has been done over.... various parts that make out that she has been failed by all. Nothing about impartiality.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

50F09374-4C8F-4844-86C3-E88657D716C0.jpeg
50F09374-4C8F-4844-86C3-E88657D716C0.jpeg (151.97 KiB) Viewed 3500 times
89CDDF8C-B053-40DD-A01D-DB79DF085152.jpeg
89CDDF8C-B053-40DD-A01D-DB79DF085152.jpeg (150.86 KiB) Viewed 3500 times
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

PS - Use an app for iPad called Image Size to reset an image small enough to work on here...
Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

This is a total over the top result for this poor girl. She may have wanted consensual sex with one Israeli but did not deserve what occurred later.
The Police should not have held her for 9 hours and badgered her into a withdrawal statement. Anyone with any sense would realise that statement was written by a Police officer who had a very good command of the English language but a poor one at the written English. Any one from England could see that it was not written by her but she was forced to sign under duress. It is nice to see that the UK papers and HM Government has taken this up, and as for the Judge to state he was hearing a case of Mischief and was not concerned about the alleged rape. This is an integral part of the case. Could this be because they are about to sign an agreement with Israel for the pipeline to be built. I think this girl and her family have been treated appallingly by the Cypriot judicial system which is using a large hammer to crack a nut. Why were the Israeli boys allowed to go home so quickly? Enough is enough dismiss the case and let her come home without any further punishment.
memory man

Post by memory man »

WHL

Post by WHL »

Mike.1940 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm This is a total over the top result for this poor girl. She may have wanted consensual sex with one Israeli but did not deserve what occurred later.
The Police should not have held her for 9 hours and badgered her into a withdrawal statement. Anyone with any sense would realise that statement was written by a Police officer who had a very good command of the English language but a poor one at the written English. Any one from England could see that it was not written by her but she was forced to sign under duress. It is nice to see that the UK papers and HM Government has taken this up, and as for the Judge to state he was hearing a case of Mischief and was not concerned about the alleged rape. This is an integral part of the case. Could this be because they are about to sign an agreement with Israel for the pipeline to be built. I think this girl and her family have been treated appallingly by the Cypriot judicial system which is using a large hammer to crack a nut. Why were the Israeli boys allowed to go home so quickly? Enough is enough dismiss the case and let her come home without any further punishment.
O dear, talk about conspiracies, Israeli pipe lines, now thrown into the mix, you forgot to mention the electric shock wires clipped onto her private parts to get a confession,

my opinion, she had consensual sex with a couple of the Israelis, then when the others started filming the sordid events, she got annoyed and cried rape, Doctor found no signs of forced sex, realised she was found out by the video evidence and retracted her false claims, then she is charged with telling lies, she then gets advised by her solicitors/ fair trails abroad etc to claim she was forced to subtract her original claim of rape, In my opinion a stupid girl who had sex with a couple of guys and then lied and got caught out, Ive no sympathy for her, her lies could of jailed innocent people, and she has done a great disservice to ladies who really have been raped, there was talk in the papers that she had made similar allegations in the past, but I dont know how true they were
memory man

Post by memory man »

WHL wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:47 pm

Doctor found no signs of forced sex,

Well-known forensic pathologist Marios Matsakis states:-
“I don’t have any doubts that violence was exercised on the body of the examined person to have these bruises. I am sure violence was exercised,” he said.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/12/06/path ... ape-claim/
WHL

Post by WHL »

memory man wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:44 pm
WHL wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:47 pm

Doctor found no signs of forced sex,

Well-known forensic pathologist Marios Matsakis states:-
“I don’t have any doubts that violence was exercised on the body of the examined person to have these bruises. I am sure violence was exercised,” he said.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/12/06/path ... ape-claim/
So the state pathologist finds no evidence, and the pathologist employed by the defence finds evidence, strange?
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

Mike.1940 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm It is nice to see that the UK papers and HM Government has taken this up
Wouldn't it be nicer if they took up the reasons why in the UK around 98% of rape allegations end with no
action being taken by the CPS.

It's also rather hypocritical of the UK papers given that they, together with the police, hounded innocent
high profile men for months with an investigation of historic sex offences that cost millions only to find the
accuser had made the whole thing up!

There are many things about this case that don't sit right with me and much misinformation - the court
of public opinion, basing their judgement on media reports or just one view of events, is hardly the best
way to get to the truth.

Cheers

Steve
Varky

Post by Varky »

WHL wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:47 pm my opinion, she had consensual sex with a couple of the Israelis, then when the others started filming the sordid events, she got annoyed and cried rape, Doctor found no signs of forced sex, realised she was found out by the video evidence and retracted her false claims, then she is charged with telling lies, she then gets advised by her solicitors/ fair trails abroad etc to claim she was forced to subtract her original claim of rape, In my opinion a stupid girl who had sex with a couple of guys and then lied and got caught out, Ive no sympathy for her, her lies could of jailed innocent people, and she has done a great disservice to ladies who really have been raped, there was talk in the papers that she had made similar allegations in the past, but I dont know how true they were
Shouldn't your version of events begin with the words 'Once upon a time'. Unless you were actually there at the time that is?
WHL

Post by WHL »

:roll:
Varky wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:11 pm
WHL wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:47 pm my opinion, she had consensual sex with a couple of the Israelis, then when the others started filming the sordid events, she got annoyed and cried rape, Doctor found no signs of forced sex, realised she was found out by the video evidence and retracted her false claims, then she is charged with telling lies, she then gets advised by her solicitors/ fair trails abroad etc to claim she was forced to subtract her original claim of rape, In my opinion a stupid girl who had sex with a couple of guys and then lied and got caught out, Ive no sympathy for her, her lies could of jailed innocent people, and she has done a great disservice to ladies who really have been raped, there was talk in the papers that she had made similar allegations in the past, but I dont know how true they were
Shouldn't your version of events begin with the words 'Once upon a time'. Unless you were actually there at the time that is?
As I said my opinion, no more no less, do you have something constructive to say,
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

The hotel makes very interesting reading whether it’s truth or fiction on Trip Advisor
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I’ ve seen most of the reports too on both TV and the media. Probably one of the most important facts is the relentless way the Cypriot police questioned the poor girl for hours and hours, finishing at 2am, before persuading her to change her statement, she says under great duress. I can believe that and she DID NOT have a lawyer with her whose advice she could have sought. She was on holiday, not a resident and probably she was frightened and exhausted. Was any suggestion made to her that she should change her statement... we will never know? My guess is that she might have thought that the case against her might be dropped if she withdrew her original statement.Also I have read that the questions which the police asked her were not recorded.

Personally, I think that the Foreign Office is right to intervene, as it is suggested in the Britush press ( the Observer, Telegraph ) that the judge did not conduct her trial impartially.

There are a number of Barrack Room lawyers on here, but I think that we need to wait until it has been decided if an appeal against her trial and possible sentence will be initiated.
Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

A GoFundMe page for legal costs has raised more than £80,000 towards a target of £100,000.
(BBC)

Who would offer a bent penny towards this case? Certainly, not I. And mother says they need more than £100k, now. I would like to see the accounting of the £80k already in her hands. This is what it is all about, IMHO!