MRI scanner..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: MRI scanner..

Post by trevnhil »

I do know now that there are number of scanners... The scan I had a few months ago was obviously cheap because it was through Gesy.. The family member with us is not so lucky and his scan will need to be paid for in full..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:24 am I do know now that there are number of scanners... The scan I had a few months ago was obviously cheap because it was through Gesy.. The family member with us is not so lucky and his scan will need to be paid for in full..
Trev why does your guest need to have a scan here, can they not get one on the NHS back in the UK?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The simple answer is that they are not from the UK.. And waiting a while is only going to prolong the suffering..
Trev..
jeba

Post by jeba »

Kili01 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:59 amYou can also self refer for most types of scans and x -rays here, unlike in the UK or other European countries where you’d need to see a doctor first
How would a layman know whether a MRI scan is what´s needed? Maybe a CT scan would be more appropriate or a scintigram or and X-ray or an angiogram or a PET scan or ...
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Telegram?
Sorry ...
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Jeba, what you said is true. It can be useful to ask for a Dexa bone scan, for example, if one has had a low bone density previously. Or an x-ray if there is a reason. But normally people would see a doctor first who would decide whether a patient needs this for diagnostic purposes and if so what type.

Dee
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Austin7 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:50 am I would certainly try George Vorkas (He is on the ground floor in the same building (or next door) to where Blevins Franks are located). As stated he used to be the radiologist at the Iasis until he started up his own business. My wife can always get fast appointments for dexa scans there but his MRI service may have a waiting list, but worth trying.
Had numerous MRI's with George - top man - its not the cost that's important - its the skill of the person reading the MRI.

Some MRI's are sent abroad electronically for analysis and the results emailed back. George is in Paphos.
lotus

Post by lotus »

We have had a couple of scans done with George earlier this year although not that expensive 3-400 euros each what I remember,if its important don't hang around get the. bloody thing done!!!!!!!!!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Our visitor was only refused treatment yesterday at the General. We were in touch with a surgeon in the afternoon and got phone numbers to call on Monday.
Trev..