Road tax renewals to start on January 7

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Road tax renewals to start on January 7

Post by memory man »

Vehicle owners can renew their road tax for 2020 as from January 7, the Road Transport Department has announced.

This can be done online on http://rtd.mcw.gov.cy, at commercial banks, at citizen’s services centres, district post offices and the headquarters and district offices of the Road Transport Department.

The last date for renewals is March 10, 2020. After that date there will be a surcharge. Police will start booking drivers without road tax from Wednesday, March 11.

Road tax can be renewed for three, six, nine or 12 months. Vehicles must have an MOT and insurance.

Those not planning on renewing their road tax should notify the department that they are immobilising their vehicle and submit the necessary form, alternatively they will owe the equivalent sum to the state.

In the event that a vehicle is scrapped, owners must apply to have its registration annulled by filling in the necessary form and submitting a certificate that it has been destroyed.

https://in-cyprus.com/road-tax-renewals ... nuary-7-2/
emgee

Re: Road tax renewals to start on January 7

Post by emgee »

Must make a note in my Diary for 9 March next year.

Alan
memory man

Post by memory man »

Why the 9th and not the 10th??
emgee

Post by emgee »

Too busy on the 10th, the web-page may break-down.

Don't want to be nicked for not having no Tax on my cars.

Alan
WHL

Post by WHL »

Personally I don't give a monkeys, what people do or not do, re taxing their cars, be it in January or next December, I only care that my cars are taxed, and I wont have a problem if I have an accident..etc.