Man jailed for robbery

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Man jailed for robbery

Post by Paphos Life »

A 31-year-old was sentenced to 18-months in jail on Monday by the Paphos District court, which found him guilt for breaking into and robbing an apartment in 2017.According to police, two years ago a woman filed a complaint to authorities that someone broken into her apartment and stole various electronic equipment, jewellery and cash....

Read the article and chat about it below...
71 Trans Am

Re: Man jailed for robbery

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Well that was swift justice – NOT

Another example of poor reporting – No explanation as to why it has taken two years to get a Mickey Mouse crime like burglary to court and get a result – And I am not belittling Burglary as it is an horrendous crime and obviously has a massive impact on your life to realise someone has been in your house uninvited – And there may be good reason why it took two years so why not explain? However in the grand scheme of things how long would it take to get a murderer to justice in Cyprus ?
WHL

Post by WHL »

71 Trans Am wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:32 pm Well that was swift justice – NOT

Another example of poor reporting – No explanation as to why it has taken two years to get a Mickey Mouse crime like burglary to court and get a result – And I am not belittling Burglary as it is an horrendous crime and obviously has a massive impact on your life to realise someone has been in your house uninvited – And there may be good reason why it took two years so why not explain? However in the grand scheme of things how long would it take to get a murderer to justice in Cyprus ?
Another day another moan, :roll: the blokes been banged up for eighteen months, not a small amount of time, compare that with UK justice were people commit many many robbery's before there is a sniff of going anywhere near a prison, as for murder, the beast who committed the murder of those poor women recently, was dealt with swiftly , if I remember right.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

WHL
I think you need to read my post again – The point was the lack of information reporting NOT the time it took or the sentence – And I don’t know where you are originally from but in Newcastle we have Saturday morning court sittings now for many offences especially drink driving and you are banned the next day.
And --- Looking back at your previous posts you seem to moan more than anyone else
boycott

Post by boycott »

"Justice delayed is justice denied"

Is a legal maxim meaning that if legal redress is available for a party that has suffered some injury, but is not forthcoming in a timely fashion, it is effectively the same as having no redress at all. This principle is the basis for the right to a speedy trial and similar rights which are meant to expedite the legal system, because it is unfair for the injured party to have to sustain the injury with little hope for resolution. The phrase has become a rallying cry for legal reformers who view courts or governments as acting too slowly in resolving legal issues either because the existing system is too complex or overburdened, or because the issue or party in question lacks political favour.

71 Trans Am is correct in that been dealt with and sentenced the following day (esp. in such cases of drink driving) is very effective.
WHL

Post by WHL »

71 Trans Am wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:13 pm WHL
I think you need to read my post again – The point was the lack of information reporting NOT the time it took or the sentence – And I don’t know where you are originally from but in Newcastle we have Saturday morning court sittings now for many offences especially drink driving and you are banned the next day.
And --- Looking back at your previous posts you seem to moan more than anyone else
Yep I do moan, about people moaning :?