Exchange rate looking better today anyway.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
71 Trans Am

Exchange rate looking better today anyway.

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Euro was 1.20 to the pound when I checked earlier but no doubt it will be a three day victory dance and back down by Monday.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Exchange rate looking better today anyway.

Post by Dominic »

Not necessarily. One thing markets hate more than anything else is uncertainty. Uncertainty and Corbyn. Two things markets hate more than anything else are uncertainty and Corbyn.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I don't know. As May said yesterday, a lot of the negotiations have already been done.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
wilky

Post by wilky »

Must agree Dom Boris's deal is May's with a border in the Irish sea NI stays in the EU customs union.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:03 pm Can't ever see Scotland becoming independent but can see the possibility of a united Ireland in the future. Would make a lot of sense IMHO.
Im sad to say, before a unified Ireland will happen, we would see the violence of the 70s back, theres no way the Protestant paramilitary's would stand for that.
Varky

Post by Varky »

HIC,
Whilst the £/€ exchange rate may have retreated, it's a darn sight better than the €1.09/£ we saw a few weeks ago. Do try to see some pluses from the present situation even though you have made it clear on many occasions that you are anti-Brexit. Even the most ardent of Remainers (Heseltine and Clarke?) have acknowledged that the matter is now decided.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

From what i can see the rate today on XE at 1.1988 is the highest sterling/euro rate since 3 Sep 2016.
I have amended the rate as I originally wrote 1.988 - wally!
Last edited by bromerzz on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I expect that exchange rates sterling v euro won’t be stable for a while. Now Brexit is being done (whether or not one wanted it) there is so much that needs to be done to prepare the country for such a speedy exit from the EU. So we’ll have to wait and see what happens.Mr Trump seems to be very impatient. I wish he would keep himself quiet!

Dee
Varky

Post by Varky »

Deleted
Last edited by Varky on Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Thanks Varky I have corrected my original which should be 1.1988 according to XE.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Kili01 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:41 pm I expect that exchange rates sterling v euro won’t be stable for a while. Now Brexit is being done (whether or not one wanted it) there is so much that needs to be done to prepare the country for such a speedy exit from the EU. So we’ll have to wait and see what happens.Mr Trump seems to be very impatient. I wish he would keep himself quiet!

Dee
Britain is at war :shock: and its obvious we are losing :o Would you want Mr Trump to be "quiet" or come to our rescue :lol: :lol:
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

If the Pound stays strong in the future it will be very difficult for Britain to export its goods to third countries etc. IMO. Time will show...

Max
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:29 pm If the Pound stays strong in the future it will be very difficult for Britain to export its goods to third countries etc. IMO. Time will show...
Little chance!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

No, I am uneasy about our country becoming dependent on the USA which is as a consequence of leaving the EU without a full deal including trade deals with other countries being in place.