New Alpha Mega store

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lefkes

New Alpha Mega store

Post by lefkes »

The signs are up at the mall roundabout for the new Alpha Mega store in what used to be the old Coop store [on the right when going up town]. Has anybody been in to half a look?.
Lefkes.
trevnhil

Re: New Alpha Mega store

Post by trevnhil »

We have seen it from the outside as we have been passing. It certainly seems to be coming on well.
Has anyone heard of an opening date yet..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It isn't open yet but they are very close.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We visited the site a few days ago, from the outside. They are still building the internal and external structure. This would make me think that it will be early next year for the opening.
All things are possible
Mark

Post by Mark »

From all the action today, shelves being stocked, entrance being completed, even flower planting.

I would be surprised if the store wasn't opened next week.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Was meant to be open 17th Nov
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Read on their FB page that they are opening tomorrow Sunday 8th.
Louise :)
kansas

Post by kansas »

Open this morning apparently.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Well, the good news is...They are open and heaving with people. Parking in a large forecourt and also on the roof. Two lifts from/to the roof car park
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Is the roof car parking covered.? That is definitely one of the Bonuses at the other Alpha Mega store
If it is hot you are shaded, if it is raining you are sheltered..
Trev..
Mark

Post by Mark »

The roof Trev sadly is not covered, however the new store is welcoming, bright and the aisles are wide.

It never ceases to amaze me that Cypriot stores reduce alcohol prices prior to Christmas, we got our festive bubbly @ 10 euros per bottle discount, and many items in the new store are reduced.

The staff are friendly, the store employs people to pack your shopping. The competition they provide will keep prices competitive in the local area.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

There are not many superstores in the local area, except for Paps at the harbour. I think that Paps will always beat them on price, although not necessarily on quality..
Maybe on the roof car park they will eventually provide some cover like Lidl have
Trev..
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Sadie wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:14 pm Was meant to be open 17th Nov
But what year ? :D this is Cyprus after all !!!!!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We were in the First Alpha Mega store a few weeks ago and I saw shelves full of 'Finish' washing up tablet, but with no price on...
I asked an assistant for the price and she said, they will be on offer tomorrow..
But as it became obvious I was not going to buy some that day, she said to tell them at the till that I could have them at tomorrows offer price...
That's what I did and I got the cheaper price... a day early :-)
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Here in Larnaca, the service is brilliant, not the cheapest supermarket, but we are more then happy to pay a couple of euros more,
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Called in today at the new shop. As good as the one near the motorway for our requirements. One thing I noticed was that the parking spaces on the ground floor are quite narrow (even for my Jazz). On the first floor, however, the spaces were larger - and that part of the car park was almost deserted.
josef k

Post by josef k »

I like Alpha Mega so I thought I would pop in to the new one to have a look. The parking on the ground level was full (it's not that large) so was directed to the roof level. There were lots of spaces available so I parked and went to the lift. This wasn't working so I tried the stairs. Unfortunately they took me down to storerooms in what seemed like a basement. So i went up to the roof again and went towards what I assume was another lift. There was a temporary barrier in place due to work being done, so I couldn't get there. I returned to the car and went down to ground level again. Unfortunately the car park was still full, so I went home.
There was a lot of work being done and the building and car parks are not yet finished. I think they have opened far too early so i'll try again in a couple of weeks.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I was annoyed to read that the car parking spaces marked out on the first floor are quite narrow even for a small car.. The spaces in the first Alpha Mega are really good. The last thing you need when shopping is your car being banged by someone opening another car door :-(
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:49 pm I was annoyed to read that the car parking spaces marked out on the first floor are quite narrow even for a small car.. The spaces in the first Alpha Mega are really good. The last thing you need when shopping is your car being banged by someone opening another car door :-(
The post said the parking on the GROUND floor were narrow and the ones on the roof were fine.
Louise :)
Meri2

Post by Meri2 »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:49 pm I was annoyed to read that the car parking spaces marked out on the first floor are quite narrow even for a small car.. The spaces in the first Alpha Mega are really good. The last thing you need when shopping is your car being banged by someone opening another car door :-(
😃 don’t believe everything you read !
Nothing narrow about the parking space