Swimming pool liner

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chris97

Swimming pool liner

Post by Chris97 »

Hi
I need to change my swimming pool liner and have been offered Israeli, Spanish and German liners by different companies. I have been told that there is absolutely no difference in the quality of these liners. They are each 1.5 mm thick, of similar patterns and the only difference, I have been told, is the price. Has anyone got any experience or information regarding pool liners. I would be very grateful.
Thanks
Chris
Jim B

Re: Swimming pool liner

Post by Jim B »

Lloyd
What is the thickness of American liners?

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Thanks Lloyd.
Jim
Chris97

Post by Chris97 »

Hi
Thank you everyone for replying to my post.
Chris
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Tanny wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:13 pm In general (subject to correct fitting and maintenance) you will get what you pay for.

I am often asked how much it will cost to replace this and that including pool liners and supply services and have to put my hand on my chest and advise to approach several pool companies direct independently for direct prices and quality of fabrics used.

If a pool is done on the cheap and nasty for €2,000 and looks lovely today theres every chance it won't look so nice is 1 years time and replacement or expensive works will be in 3-4 years. In my opinion its best to use proven products, proven and guaranteed installers with a track record and if having a pool visited by a maintenance person, to use a properly qualified company.

I have seen many occasions where a homeowner uses a wonderful, lovely neighbour to service the pool and between the owners visits the pool is left to stagnate only to be shocked into life a week before the owner is due to arrive.

Pay for the best you can afford.

I believe there is a quality pool company uses here sometimes.

We used Shipshape and they did a great job on our pool.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
robf

Post by robf »

Some of our neighbours are using a German liner, with the colour through the liner, so never wears off. Installed by Shipshape. They do look good, but I was wondering if anyone else has experience of them.