From Miliou to Theletra

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

From Miliou to Theletra

Post by Dominic »

While we were exploring the sulphur springs of Miliou a few weeks ago, we couldn't help but notice a village in the distance. When we realised that it was the abandoned village of Theletra, we were surprised, as we hadn't appreciated how close the two places were. So we thought we would find a scenic route between the two locations...

Read the article and chat about it below...

from-miliou-to-theletra_masthead.jpg
from-miliou-to-theletra_masthead.jpg (100.3 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
mike strand2

Re: From Miliou to Theletra

Post by mike strand2 »

Last week toms were 2.69 kilo, today 0.99 which is my cue to make my own tomato & basil soup. I will freeze some for those cold winter days that are approaching.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: From Miliou to Theletra

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Interesting and scenic road you found there Dominic, thank you. It is nice to see farmers trying the organic way, even when it is much more work and costs. They have to plough under the stuff though. I remember in the past, when I was farming, that it is very difficult to get a fair price for your crop. A crate (20kg) of tomatoes will perhaps be worth 2-3 Euro when you try to sell it via Coop as marketer and if tomatoes are red it is already too late for that. Most of the grapes are only be used to produce grappa (zivania) but nowadays the farmers in the area have to deliver it to Polemi winery, private distill is not allowed anymore.

Yes, it is nice to see that people are more investing into PV solar. Rate of return is reduced now as EAC pays only 8.5 cent/kWh for private producer, unlike 10 years ago when they paid 38.4 cent. Sometimes the area where people install modules is not ideal and many hours in the year they are in the shade of high trees or even mountains nearby. If you want a good yield one has to choose the land in Nov/Dec when the sun is lowest and shades are long. A example are the photos from your blog, showing that they are partially in the shade which is a real shame.

Max