Incident at London Bridge

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Incident at London Bridge

Post by Dominic »

Shots fired.

This link is to the BBC and should update automatically.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-50601491
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
The Aquila

Re: Incident at London Bridge

Post by The Aquila »

Footage on twitter showing the final shooting @crimeldn
memory man

Post by memory man »

He's not a threat anymore....................
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Did you see the chap running away with a large knife in his hand?
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes I assumed he had taken it off the offender ??
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The person shot was wearing a fake explosive vest, from what I read. The guy running with the knife was one of the bystanders who tackled the person before the police got there. Presumably he was running because he thought the person was about to blow up.
WHL

Post by WHL »

The judge who let this person out of prison on licence, should be charged with Aiding and abetting a murder.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Justice is what that piece of trash received. Quick fast and easy to administer.
Lets hope the police officer can return to work straight away without being suspended subject to an investigation.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I'm not so sure but I hope I'm wrong. My understanding is that the perp was immobilised by the taser before he was shot (Sky News). The thing that 'gets' me is that the guy who ran off with the knife wasn't stopped (forcibly) by a cop.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Whos to know if the suicide belt was alive or fake, shoot him quick before he has a chance to set it off, Im waiting for the , they didn't need to shoot the poor lamb brigade to turn up.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If the person is wearing a fake suicide vest they will get shot, for obvious reasons. Not as punishment, but to stop a big bang.

From what I read, they wear fake vests precisely so they get shot rather than spend years in jail.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Rough justice, but why send a hardened terrorist to prison where he languishes at the taxpayers expense? Maybe the way that this incident was handled might act as a deterrent to other would be terrorists!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It's nothing to do with "rough justice". They shot him because they didn't want him to blow himself up. Had he blown up more people might have been killed.
memory man

Post by memory man »

From Twitter:-

Important statement about the policing of the #LondonBridgeAttack. Please share so people understand the facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Kratos
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Thank you for finding & posting that MM. Many people including myself will have asked the obvious without knowing the facts
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

You have a convicted terrorist who is let out part way through his sentence, who then attends a seminar on rehabilitating criminals, which obviously had such an affect on him that he leaves the seminar to attack and kill innocent people. I feel that the public and the police responded with the correct course of action. You cannot pussy foot around with people who think they can kill anyone either by knife or other means and if they are wearing a vest of any kind, fake or not, then they have to live with the consequences. We need to send the right message to all terrorists all over the world.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

You are probably right about the knife. I fully understand about why the perp was shot and the risk of a vest blowing up. The cop who did it probably acted through intensive training but, from what I've seen, he had no time to evaluate the situation before shooting.

If the vest were active, two bullets in the head could certainly cause the hands to jerk and could easily have set off a trigger, so the shooter was risking himself, as well. However, I understand the perp had knives taped down in both hands (don't know where I read that!) so he would be unlikely to have a quick reaction. Be that as it may, the net result was that there was no chance to interrogate him to learn more and that worries me a little more than the fact that he was killed, which is bad enough (don't think I'm sympathising with him, I ain't)
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

I respect your point of view Devil but if you think these sort of people can be reasoned with by talking to them I have to disagree. They have a different mindset to the majority
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

How much information would they have got out of him if he had had a real vest and had detonated it?

How many people would have been killed then?

These are not complicated sums.
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Vest or no vest send them to hell. Shoot to kill send that message out to all terrorist. What makes me laugh he had been locked up before. Sick of this pussy foot world just kill him why give him another chance and 2 family's are heart broke because of the UK and oh its Ok HE WILL HEAL HE WILL BE GOOD. Bollx do away with them the same as people that mess with kids. Sorry if I'm over the top but that's me.