Changing Old toNew Immigration Docs

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
clive of payia

Changing Old toNew Immigration Docs

Post by clive of payia »

If you have already been to Immigration Paphos and changed your old Brown (Yellow Sip) Immigration document and you are also a Permanent Resident with supporting documentation, I assume you have to book an appoint with Immigration. What additional documentation did you have to take to make this changeover? Obviously old Yellow Slip & current UK Passport.

Do you need passport photos? How many?

Anything else? Except lots of patience!

Thanks.
Lofos-Jan

Re: Changing Old toNew Immigration Docs

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Clive, go with your passport to make the appointment and they will give you a list of e everything you will need to bring to your appointment. No need for photos, they are taken by immigration on the day.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
TandC

Post by TandC »

Rather puzzeled by this post.Why are you seeking to chnage now. My understanding is that my MEU1 does not have an expiry date,and thatThe Govt guidance indicates that all that will be required is your existing MEU1 your passport as proof of identity, somtime after Brexit happens when we will need to change to new immigration documents.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:11 pm When OP talks about Brown (yellow slip) I think he may be talking about the original Brown Alien Book we had to get pre EU. He probably doesn't have an MEU1.

Whatever the situation, as HIC implies - he should know better! :lol:
I too thought it was the little brown booklet that was being referred to
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, so did I. It’s called the ARC- Aliens Registration Book. It’s a fairly tatty looking thing with a brown paper cover. We used to be issued with this, plus a pink or yellow slip....in the days before Cy joined the EU. I still have mine.

Dee
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

The brown covered 'book' says on the back cover "This certificate is valid for ever"
IMG_9940.JPG
IMG_9940.JPG (40.39 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
Also, the info on the Cy Gov website (& I think back of application form) one could argue doesn't require you to seek an MEU(1) or (3)

Important announcement for British Nationals and their family members who have been granted an Immigration Permit in the Republic according to the provisions of the Aliens and Immigration Regulations before Cyprus accession to the European Union - 30/08/2018 14:44:37

The Civil Registry and Migration Department would like to inform British Nationals and their family members who have been granted Immigration Permits in the Republic, according to the provisions of the Aliens and Immigration Regulations before Cyprus accession to the European Union, the following:

In order to take benefit of the rights provided for in the Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the Right of Citizens of the Union and their Family Members to Move and Reside Freely within the Territory of the Member States, they are advised to replace these permits with the appropriate residence document, according to the provisions of the Right of Union Citizens and their Family Members to Move and Reside Freely within the Territory of the Republic of Cyprus Law of 2007.

The words in (my) red seem to indicate that it's not compulsory.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I find the words "HAD to swop them" strange. I can understand them, but myself, my wife, and I think many others will have been allowed to join Gesy with a MEU1
Trev..
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

We also used MEU1 for Gesy purposes.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Les Bean wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:22 am I also have one of these brown cards, and a permanent residence document from 1990,but had to swap them for an Meu 3 before acceptance to gesy
Have met a few ladies who thought their old permanent residence documents/visas in Passports that were issued prior to MEU1 and MEU3 documents were still valid only to find they could not continue with state healthcare when the GESY system was introduced earlier in the year and some are still without GESY healthcare until they receive the MEU3 document from Nicosia. These people didn't need to apply for MEU1 but were fast tracked to MEU3 status.

As an aside, I had my MEU3 interview last December but had to submit my MEU1 form when I applied on-line to GESY as I hadn't received the document from Nicosia at the time of the application. MEU3 duly arrived and I note that my status has changed on the GESY system to being a Permanent Resident.